The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   [C5] 2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition Z16 (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56052)

als2052 05-13-2011 07:21 PM

Sounds like you are employed again...congrats if thats the case...

Rich Z 05-13-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 (Post 137004)
Off the market!
:drink4::hurray::champagne::party: :dancer01:

:thumbsup:

shakedown067 05-16-2011 02:54 PM

Glad you were able to keep her.

jcb_njb 05-16-2011 03:16 PM

Congrats Mickey.:peelout 1:

navy2kcoupe 05-16-2011 04:22 PM

Mickey, I'll be retiring in May of next year, and I'm sweating the time between now and
then. I started a "short timers calendar" with 1000 days to go (allright......so it ain't REALLY
short but you get the idea) and it's down to less than 400 days to go till I "retire", but
boy do they C-R-A-W-L by. Our customers are consolidating their equipment, maintenance
revenues are down, and new sales of servers and disk equipment are in the tank. I think
that I'll be fortunate to make it thru till May of 2012. The company that I work for has been
giving severance packages that would put me right at about 6 months of pay should I get
laid off, so if I make it to Jan 01, 2012, THAT should be good as well. I REALLY am
glad that I'm not gonna have to look for another job, and that I've got enough money
to retire on, but I really feel for those that have to continue to work, and try to find jobs,
in this economy. One of the guys that works with me has been actively looking for
the past 18 months and hasn't found anything so far. And this is in the "hi-tech"
industry! I really hope that you have continued employment, and that the Vette, or
a newer replacement, continues to reside at your house.
Andy Anderson

mickeystoysz16 05-16-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb_njb (Post 137099)
Congrats Mickey.:peelout 1:

Thanks Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 137100)
Mickey, I'll be retiring in May of next year, and I'm sweating the time between now and
then. I started a "short timers calendar" with 1000 days to go (allright......so it ain't REALLY
short but you get the idea) and it's down to less than 400 days to go till I "retire", but
boy do they C-R-A-W-L by. Our customers are consolidating their equipment, maintenance
revenues are down, and new sales of servers and disk equipment are in the tank. I think
that I'll be fortunate to make it thru till May of 2012. The company that I work for has been
giving severance packages that would put me right at about 6 months of pay should I get
laid off, so if I make it to Jan 01, 2012, THAT should be good as well. I REALLY am
glad that I'm not gonna have to look for another job, and that I've got enough money
to retire on, but I really feel for those that have to continue to work, and try to find jobs,
in this economy. One of the guys that works with me has been actively looking for
the past 18 months and hasn't found anything so far. And this is in the "hi-tech"
industry! I really hope that you have continued employment, and that the Vette, or
a newer replacement, continues to reside at your house.
Andy Anderson

It has been several years since I have done a short timers count down since I left the service. I hope your plans for retirement work out. I know what you mean. This is the second time within 3 yrs. Just think when you make it to retirement in 400 and a wake up I will still have to survive this economy with 10950 and a wake up still to go. :D

Right now I am just thankful for this job.

navy2kcoupe 05-16-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 (Post 137116)
with 10950 and a wake up still to go. :D

:rofl1::rofl1: YEAH, but who's counting? :thumbsup:
Andy

Cor66Vette 12-08-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 (Post 137004)
Off the market!
:drink4::hurray::champagne::party: :dancer01:

That's great news. Fantastic! :bravo: