The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 Florida Caravan (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   January '09 update available! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25961)

Captain EZ 01-26-2009 03:31 PM

January '09 update available!

Yes, we are going to ROAD ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See latest update for more information.

It should be posted within the next 24 hours.

Go to: http://www.corvettecaravan.com/fl/

Captain EZ

Rich427 01-26-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain EZ (Post 81468)
Yes, we are going to ROAD ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See latest update for more information.

It should be posted within the next 24 hours.

Go to: http://www.corvettecaravan.com/fl/

Captain EZ

Ernie,

Do you know what is happening with the check that we sent to you for the Atlanta Motor Speedway event. Will these be returned or will they be applied to the Road Atlanta event.

Thanks
Rich

Captain EZ 01-26-2009 05:45 PM

Rich,

I have it pretty much spelled out on the update, but since it was not published yet (It's up to NCM personell to get it posted), I'll give it to you here.

I need to hear from everyone who sent in money for Atlanta Motor Speedway to find out what they want me to do.

Options are:
1. transfer $75 to Road Atlanta
2. get a refund

For those that put down an extra $30 for garage space:
1. I can send it back to you.
2. Or, I will gladly accept the $30 as a donation for the caravan! :)

For those who sent $75 for Oval Track, and another $75 for Road Course Track, again, just let me know what you want me to do with it.

I will contact everyone who does not respond, but it may not be right away.
Fortunately/Unfortunately, I have a business to run!

Thanks to all who have been patient during the uncertain track availabilities.

EZ

vietvette 01-27-2009 03:36 PM

Road Atlanta

Who do we contact to reserve a garage and laps on the road course ,I ran the road course in 2003 and also rented a garage which turned out to be a good move as it was in the 90's :shrug01:

Rich427 01-27-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain EZ (Post 81477)
Rich,

I have it pretty much spelled out on the update, but since it was not published yet (It's up to NCM personell to get it posted), I'll give it to you here.

I need to hear from everyone who sent in money for Atlanta Motor Speedway to find out what they want me to do.

Options are:
1. transfer $75 to Road Atlanta
2. get a refund

For those that put down an extra $30 for garage space:
1. I can send it back to you.
2. Or, I will gladly accept the $30 as a donation for the caravan! :)

For those who sent $75 for Oval Track, and another $75 for Road Course Track, again, just let me know what you want me to do with it.

I will contact everyone who does not respond, but it may not be right away.
Fortunately/Unfortunately, I have a business to run!

Thanks to all who have been patient during the uncertain track availabilities.

EZ

Ernie,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks
Rich

Z06 Rocket 01-28-2009 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vietvette (Post 81588)
Who do we contact to reserve a garage and laps on the road course ,I ran the road course in 2003 and also rented a garage which turned out to be a good move as it was in the 90's :shrug01:

I dont believe there are garages to rent at this track. The teams use their haulers, and the fans have plenty of shade trees.

vietvette 01-28-2009 12:56 PM

My bad ,I was confused as which track we were going to ,I think in 2003 we went to the Atlanta speedway and this time we will going to Road Atlanta which is near Stone Mtn. Road Atlanta does not have an oval track as I see ,My question is ,who do we contact for track access for our Caravan to Bowling Green. :shrug01:

Captain EZ 01-28-2009 01:20 PM

Track info

Several of you have asked the same questions regarding Road Atlanta.

Here are the answers I received today:

1. On the “Hot Laps”, there will NOT be an instructor riding with you. You will however be in a lead/follow formation with a pace car.

2. You can have a passenger, but they MUST also wear a helmet. Bring a helmet with you if you have one (and room for it!)

3. The idea right now is about 25-30 cars in two groups. This is subject to change depending on how many folks have/need helmets.

4. This will be single file with NO passing.

5. On parade laps, passengers are allowed and helmets are NOT required.

The “Hot Laps” are open to convertibles as well, the speeds will be ~45-50 in the turns and ~90-95 on the straights. The speeds will be much lower on the parade laps.

Motels in the Kennesaw area are being blocked, and as the prices are negotiated and rooms blocked, we will notify you. There will be plenty of rooms available!

Captain EZ 01-28-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vietvette (Post 81588)

You can contact me or the Georgia Captain on his web page.

Ernie

Toejo40 03-04-2009 10:57 PM

Hotels in Atlanta

I have been told there is a list of hotels in Atlanta we should make reservations with. I have not read any communication regarding this.