The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New to Ocala.... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621)

alshirey 08-16-2006 12:00 PM

New to Ocala....

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I'll be starting a new job in Ocala, Monday the 28th. I will be living in an apartment for a while till I feel that this move is worthwhile. Then I'll be house hunting. I would appreciate any mechanic recommendations. I never get a good feeling about taking my car to the dealer.

Also, I tried to attach a pic of my car, but when I hit PREVIEW POST....nothing. Maybe it will come up when I actually submit thread???

Thanks,
Allen

MADN3SS 08-16-2006 12:16 PM

Hey Allen, glad to see you made it over ok. There are a few guys near you. Hopefully they'll chime in on where they take their car. Of course there is always AntiVenom near Tampa. Hopefully we can get together at a show in the future.

BTW, nice lookin' Vert. It's the right color!

:welcome:

MADN3SS 08-16-2006 12:23 PM

I just caught the pic of your gauges in the gallery. I love the red bezel look. It's something I'll probably add when I upgrade my interior lights to red L.E.D.s

I like the subtle red stitching on the boots too!

Rich Z 08-16-2006 12:33 PM

:welcome: Hope the move works out for you.

86DSOMVERT 08-16-2006 02:51 PM

Welcome to a fellow Ocala vette owner.

Mechanics:

Advantage Automotive 869-5705 I'm pretty sure is the #(Jason) on Old Jacksonville Road by the Livestock Pavillion is excellent. He works on my 86 and my other cars. He's a mustang guy but does good honest work and is a straight shooter. A bit high priced but well worth it. Alignments there as well Vance Parker is the best IMHO in the Ocala area.

Stay away from Palm Chevy (SR200) and Transmax transmissions on 36th Ave NE. Also stay away from Jeff Salamone auto as well.

Check out the Silver Springs Corvette Show on November 4th always a great time had by all. Marion County Corvette Club is a decent club if your looking to join a "club" I believe theres also a ALL GM Show in October as well.

Welcome to the hood. I won't be back till Labor Day weekend up in Motor City and Ontario doing some cruise in's.

2Vettes 08-16-2006 08:03 PM

gsjack 08-16-2006 11:37 PM

Welcome to the site Allen...:welcome:

Ocala is great area, think your going to like it there. About a 1/2 hour SW of you. Hope to meet you at a few shows coming up.:thumbsup:

Jack

naples 08-16-2006 11:48 PM

:welcome: and that's a beautiful vert. Lot's of good people on this forum.:thumbsup:

Rich427 08-18-2006 08:34 AM

:welcome: to the site!

dark_phantom 08-18-2006 02:32 PM