The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 Florida Caravan (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Latest Caravan News?? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15946)

als2052 05-14-2008 08:40 AM

Latest Caravan News??

Seems like its been awhile since we heard anything. Any updates would be appreciated...:shrug01:

Z06 Rocket 05-14-2008 09:21 AM

Nothing right now. Were in that time frame where it's too early to confirm some reservations (rooms or events for people to do) so we hope to have some news soon. It's still over a year away, but time flies and we can get some headway as the year draws closer.

CK 6 05-19-2008 01:59 PM

Are we responsible for our reservations in Lake City and Atlanta or does the Captain get a block of rooms? I know we have to make our own reservations in BG.

2Vettes 05-20-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom II (Post 59876)
Are we responsible for our reservations in Lake City and Atlanta or does the Captain get a block of rooms? I know we have to make our own reservations in BG.

My memory of the previous Florida caravans was the captain provided the participants with the names of the hotels in Ocala and Atlanta where there were blocks of rooms held. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

2Vettes 06-21-2008 10:53 PM

Got an email today: :dancer01:

Hello Caravaners!

I know it's been awhile since any news has been updated, so a quick note to let you know what is taking place.

Arrangements are currently being made to have the Atlanta Motor Speedway available to us for Parade Laps, Hot Laps, and Road Course Laps!

As soon as the arrangements are finalized, I will send you a notice to go to our NCM web site for details.

For any of you who would like to do HOT LAPS, I would like for you to get signed up as early as possible. We are hoping to keep the cost the same as in 2003, which was (I think) 5 laps for $75. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

The AMS requires money to be sent in well in advance, so we will let you know the exact cost for you to send in to me. We are working in conjunction with the Georgia Caravan, and we need to do our fair share for obtaining the site.

Motels are being contacted, and I will let you know more when I update the web site.

See you in '09!!!
Ernie Zager
National Corvette Museum Ambassador to Suncoast Corvette Assoc.
OSC Corvette Corral, St. Pete. Grand Prix 2007
Florida Captain, Caravan 2009

Rich427 06-22-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Vettes (Post 62839)
Got an email today: :dancer01:

Hello Caravaners!

I know it's been awhile since any news has been updated, so a quick note to let you know what is taking place.

Arrangements are currently being made to have the Atlanta Motor Speedway available to us for Parade Laps, Hot Laps, and Road Course Laps!

As soon as the arrangements are finalized, I will send you a notice to go to our NCM web site for details.

For any of you who would like to do HOT LAPS, I would like for you to get signed up as early as possible. We are hoping to keep the cost the same as in 2003, which was (I think) 5 laps for $75. WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

The AMS requires money to be sent in well in advance, so we will let you know the exact cost for you to send in to me. We are working in conjunction with the Georgia Caravan, and we need to do our fair share for obtaining the site.

Motels are being contacted, and I will let you know more when I update the web site.

See you in '09!!!
Ernie Zager
National Corvette Museum Ambassador to Suncoast Corvette Assoc.
OSC Corvette Corral, St. Pete. Grand Prix 2007
Florida Captain, Caravan 2009

Hey 2Vettes,

Thanks for the update!

Rich

Captain EZ 06-23-2008 09:37 AM

Caravan info

There will be announcements made as soon as the papers are signed for one of our major events! We expect this to happen within the next 2 weeks.

Those of you who visit this page will be among the first to know when new announcements are made. We will post an NOA (Notice Of Announcement) right here to let you know when to check the official Caravan web site
[http://www.corvettecaravan.com/fl/] for updates.

As always, thanks for your enthusiasm and support!

Captain EZ