• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Some people just don't wave...

THOR

I was driving to work this morning and pulled up next to a yellow C3 at a red light. I tried to make eye contact, wave, and just be polite. The dude wouldn't even look at me and I was right along the side of him. He just kept his head straight as if he had a neck brace on or something. Oh well, not every vette lover is going to be outgoing and bubbly like you guys. Thanks for letting me rant. Mark:wavey: :wavey:

I get that from time to time also. It doesn't really bother me though. I figure some folks just don't get it. Oh well, their loss.:shrug01:

I've always tryed to wave not matter what series I've driven.
There are a few c-5/c-6 owners who do not know that ''The Wave" is the correct thing to do.I've found a nice little toot on the horn to get their attention.Then I yell ,hey azz hole------ and sure enough they wave with one finger but it's a start.

Hey Vette Boy, that's pretty funny:lmao: . Sometimes the one finger salute works and sometimes it doesn't. :wavey:

Happy note...

:wavey: I had a Vette that I pulled up on while it was at a light. My top was down and I must have looked like I dropped a cigar in my lap, cuz I was waving and bouncing like mad. Finally, I tooted my horn Honkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, they looked, I waved and they waved back at me smiling:D.

~Ray:dancer01:

I stopped to pick up a pizza, and as I was pulling out and C6 drove by with a young lady driving it. I beeped my horn an waved . She turned her head around looked right at me and didn't do either. So be it !!!!!

The wave

like I always say... "Some people aren't content to just be BORN an asshole, they've got to prove it to the rest of the world on a daily basis!" Maybe all of the ones that DON'T wave are in their "Prove-It" time of the day. I just :shrug01: shrug, because I'm SURE that I've missed a few during my short ownership time. I guess I'm fine with the fact that they don't get it. They are probably not members of the best Corvette forum on the planet either!
Andy

I think there is a HUGE difference between owning a Corvette and being Corvette people. Let's face it, not everyone that owns a Corvette will join a club, a forum, or anything else to interact with other Corvette people. They typically will not :wavey: , nor understand the purpose of the :wavey: . The way I look at it is, it's their loss! :yesnod:

To me, someone who "owns a Corvette" but is not a Corvette person, probably owns one Corvette and they want the world to "...look at what I have".

A Corvette person lives with their Corvette; wants to own as many as they can; and wants to look, ooh and aah over what everyone else has. There are soooo many Corvettes that have been purchased, modified, restored, etc., since 1953 that a Corvette person just wants to take it all in. I have been fortunate enough to acquire a stable of 3 Corvettes, my '69 big block convertible, '01 6 speed vert, and '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition! You would think this would be enough to satisfy my thirst for Corvettes. :nonod: Everytime I see a mid-year Grand Sport I have to stop what I am doing and go salivate all over it! And for that matter, I salivate over any other Corvette that is not mine!

Am I sick? :shrug01: ...I don't think so! But I :wavey: at every Corvette I see (at my age I am not sure I see them all anymore) because I know they are just like me. And I am disappointed :NoNo: when they prove me wrong.

Corvette people love to :wavey: and be :wavey: at. If you don't get a :wavey: back, remember they are either getting too old to see you, or they are not Corvette people and should be driving something inspiring and exciting like a Saab! :eek:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

I waved at four Vettes coming home from the breakfast cruise today and never got a wave back. Maybe they were not looking my way, but i did my part!

Last October was my 30th year driving a vette and I have pretty much given up on the wave. I wave if someone waves at me first. I really don't think about it and it does not bother me in the least:wavey:

Atleast you did your part!

CHASZ51 said:
I waved at four Vettes coming home from the breakfast cruise today and never got a wave back. Maybe they were not looking my way, but i did my part!
:wavey: :thumbsup::wavey: :thumbsup: .
Happy story....The guy I bitched about a week or so ago for not waving everytime I saw him... Waved at me yesterday:eek: !!!! I didn't know whether to Sh!t or go Blind!:dancer01:

~Ray:lmao:

Face it, some people are just stuck up and think they're better than everyone else. When I lived in Jax Beach in the early 80's I pulled up to a red light next to a Porshe Carrera in the right lane. This preppie looking guy looks over at me in my 78 Z28 and reaches up to his left shoulder and starts brushing off his shoulder (like there's dandruff or something). Oh man, needless to say, I'm on it now! I let preppie boy roll off first from the light and gave him about three lengths....then I hammered it! What he didn't know was that I had a 450 horse 454 in it, not the original 350! I blistered his a$$, bet he's more careful who he does that to again!:lmao:

Hey D. Togo,

:wavey: Yea, I hung out there when I first got my Vette, thinking it was THE place to be. But after time, I got tired of some of the attitudes that seemed to frequent a lot of the threads. There's a lot of information over there, but this place is more laid back and definitely more my speed.

Thanks, and Welcome to you as well.

~Ray:thumbsup:

Yea, I know EXACTLY what you mean ! I love this site plus Rich said its ok to post "Girls & Vettes" pictures !!!!!! YEAAAAAA! (tasteful ones of course)

Back