The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Show n Shine to Support Slain Tampa Police Officers (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47931)

TxMomma 07-10-2010 10:18 AM

Show n Shine to Support Slain Tampa Police Officers

Hey guys....this something that was posted on a Jeep Forum we belong to......thought ya'll might be interested. It's for a good cause and it is open to everyone with only a $10 registration fee. If your interested let me know, so we can keep track of who will be there. Thanks and hope to see some of our old friends there. Info posted below: :wavey:

"WHEN: August 14th (Saturday) from 11:00 AM til 4:00 PM
WHERE: Lakeland Hooters (Hooters, 3400 US Highway 98 N, Lakeland, FL)
WHAT: Open Car Show. Jeeps, Trucks, Cars, Classics, Ghetto - whatever.
ENTRY: $10 entry. 100% of all proceeds from the show go to the victims families - split 50/50.
PRIZES: Stay Tuned. We are hitting up local and chain stores/restaurants.

The Jacked Up Jeep Club is in the early stages of organizing a charity show n shine in Lakeland, FL. 100% of the proceeds are going to be donated to the wives of the slain officers in Tampa (http://www.theledger.com/article/20100629/NEWS/6295061). If there is one thing our club is good at - OK 2 things - it's charity events and drinking. We tried to think of a way we could raise money by getting drunk, but we couldnt come up w/ anything.

Anyways, we have a pretty good idea that this event is going to be huge. So, if you support law enforcement - come on out and prove it. Hot Wings, hooters girls, Jeeps, Trucks, Whatever - just come support the community.

Thanks.

Oh and our forum is temporarily down - so we are doing our planning on the forum at www.trail-recon.com in the FL section. Stop in and say Hi!"

Shadow 07-10-2010 04:11 PM

Angel,

Thanks for the invitation to the forum and for posting here.

I'm going to try to make it. If I can get the Landbruiser running, I'll bring it (ugly and all). If not, I'll bring the puddle jumper and support the cause.

Please tell your club/forum thanks from all of us!

Come on Covetteflorida!!!

Let's make a showiong in support and make it a meet and greet at the same time!!!:thumbsup:

Gordon

TxMomma 07-10-2010 05:59 PM

Thanks Gordon.....I knew I could count on you to try and rally every one together.. Hope you guys can make, would love to see you again. Tell Lamora "hi" for us.

PS: you bring your Landbruiser and I'll bring my Land Rover ( you know the best 4X4xFar) :hehehe:

Shadow 07-11-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxMomma (Post 118070)
Thanks Gordon.....I knew I could count on you to try and rally every one together.. Hope you guys can make, would love to see you again. Tell Lamora "hi" for us.

PS: you bring your Landbruiser and I'll bring my Land Rover ( you know the best 4X4xFar) :hehehe:

...and I'll bring a tow strap....:lmao::lmao:

See you there:thumbsup:

floridaZ 07-11-2010 03:21 AM

I will try to make it if I'm back in the state in time... and if so, I'll bring/borrow/steal something worth showing. The latter being filled with ironic goodness.:dancer01:

Shadow 07-11-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxMomma (Post 118070)
Thanks Gordon.....I knew I could count on you to try and rally every one together.. Hope you guys can make, would love to see you again. Tell Lamora "hi" for us...

Angel,

It's really about family. You and Ray have been a part of the CF family since day one (way before I showed my ugly puss around here:D)
Just because someone changes "cars", doesn't mean they are no longer a part of that "family" (thank God!).

As well, the people here responded to and support the fallen officers thread as they always do....en masse and with huge support and an outpouring of concern.

I'd love to see us (CorvetteFlorida.com) be able to make a showing at your fundraiser.

I'll even sport a Corvetteflorida.com windshield banner ro decal on whatever I show up with (that ought to piss off Lamora when I stick it on the VOLVO!:lmao:)

I'm also going to see if we have anyone from our Search & Rescue team, that could haul an airboat and tow rig or the HydraTrek (amphib) over and put it on display.

Take care,

GB

Lou G 07-13-2010 03:59 PM

Angel, some time ago, Shadow set up a process where we could contribute to a fund on/line. Is there a way to set that up? I am in New Jersey at the moment but would like to contribute.
Lou

Shadow 07-13-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou G (Post 118234)
Angel, some time ago, Shadow set up a process where we could contribute to a fund on/line. Is there a way to set that up? I am in New Jersey at the moment but would like to contribute.
Lou

Did it through paypal.

I hate pay pal, but it has it's good points. This is one of them:thumbsup:

They could also set up a memorial fund (several are already in place) and make a transfer from your bank to thiers of send in a check.

just a couple other ideas.

XQIZT 07-13-2010 11:51 PM

Excellent idea....one way or another we are gonna try to make it.

Shadow 07-14-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XQIZT (Post 118258)
Excellent idea....one way or another we are gonna try to make it.

Sweet!:dancer01: