The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Paint & Body Work Forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Need Advice (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3009)

ZO6 Fan 07-13-2007 01:54 PM

Need Advice

I applied The "ZO6 Design" LS2 Billet aluminum badges on the fenders of my C6. I "Thought" I measured them correctly-Stupid me! :banghead: When I was done I realized the passenger side badge is slightly crooked:nonod: The 3M Tape is attached firmly I'm afraid if I try to pull it off I'll damage the paint, Fender or emblem. NEED SUGGESTIONS from a professional on how to remove without damaging. Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Nytro 07-13-2007 02:07 PM

I'm not a professional emblem remover but I have removed BSM's before.

Use a hair dryer or heat gun to heat up the emblem (to soften the tape). Then use either a fishing line or maybe dental floss and saw thru the tape on the emblem pulling towards the emblem instead of the fender. You can then use your finger to try and roll the remaining glue left behind, if that doesn't work try a little bug and tar remover or WD-40 to remove the leftover glue. Be sure to try the tar remover or WD-40 in a non-conspicuious place first just to be sure it will do no harm (I don't think it will harm the paint at all), then polish it up with your favorite wax. Before applying a new emblem I would remove the wax with Dawn.

"Backyard Mechanic" 07-13-2007 05:53 PM

Attachment 1400
Try some of this,It's called Opps,It wont harm your paint,but it will take off your wax,It really works.:crazy03:

coolassbrad 07-13-2007 07:37 PM

i own a graphics company we use a product called rapid remover and it works great doesnt fase paint you can order it online too

ZO6 Fan 07-13-2007 10:43 PM

Advice

Thanks to all! Will try all the above:thumbsup:

sglfladad 07-18-2007 09:27 AM

paint shopping advice

I'm considering having my black zo6 repainted.

I've had one quote...but I have no clue what questions to ask or the best way to shop for paint work.

Of course, seeing examples of their other work is a no brainer...but what else?
Brand of paint?
Clear coat?
guarantee?

any one able to help me with steps in the best way to shop for auto paint work?

gmjunkie 07-18-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sglfladad

I've had one quote...but I have no clue what questions to ask or the best way to shop for paint work.

Brand of paint?
Clear coat?
guarantee?

I used Dimont BcCc on this!!!! I've used them all,but some do work and last better than others!!! I've been using Dimont for a couple years now and it seem to be holding up good!!! I know I have been getting better color Matches,and it's easy to go back into if it gets scratched!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lou G 07-19-2007 03:05 PM

Good GOD, GMJunkie, that is awesome!!!!!

rocket1 10-17-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sglfladad (Post 26911)

Brand of paint?
Clear coat?
guarantee?

Talk to major insurance companies like Nationwide The people they use have to give a lifetime warranty because of their deal with the ins. people.
Most use PPG paint.
I had my LMB redone by a dealer Nationwide recommended and the work was outstanding.