The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suggestion Box (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   chatroom night (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102599)

mrr23 09-25-2014 05:55 PM

chatroom night

a club i used to be in and managed the website, we would have chatroom night once a week on thursday night 8:00pm. any thought about doing that here?

Rich Z 09-25-2014 07:09 PM

Sure, I'm up for it. How many people would be interested in such a thing here?

ironhorse 09-26-2014 05:29 AM

I'm in...:yesnod:

vett boy 09-26-2014 03:53 PM

8 is past my bed time but I'll drink some 5 hour energy :D

mrr23 09-26-2014 04:06 PM

It can be anytime. Just throwing out the idea. Get a general consensus on a day and time.

Rich Z 09-26-2014 08:33 PM

Might be a good idea to think about a general topic to discuss. That might get more people interested that way.

mrr23 09-26-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 188786)
Might be a good idea to think about a general topic to discuss. That might get more people interested that way.

this is where sending a mass email through the forum to all members can get their attention. most of the time for us it was more just catching up, getting ready for that weekend meet, etc...

Rich Z 09-26-2014 10:20 PM

So I send a mass email to all members stating that there will be an open chat on such and such date and time. How many of those are going to have as their first thought, "What is the chat going to be about?"

It's the topic matter that will attract people, not simply the fact that a chat room is there to visit. The chat room has been here for a LONG time and never really been used although it has always been available to everyone. I know I sure wouldn't have any interest unless the topic matter was stated and it was something I was interested in.

Sorry to seem obtuse, but I've got chat systems on some of my other sites and seen how they just become disfunctional without some structure.

mrr23 09-27-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 188793)
So I send a mass email to all members stating that there will be an open chat on such and such date and time. How many of those are going to have as their first thought, "What is the chat going to be about?"

It's the topic matter that will attract people, not simply the fact that a chat room is there to visit. The chat room has been here for a LONG time and never really been used although it has always been available to everyone. I know I sure wouldn't have any interest unless the topic matter was stated and it was something I was interested in.

Sorry to seem obtuse, but I've got chat systems on some of my other sites and seen how they just become disfunctional without some structure.

i agree with you. was just suggesting how to get it out other than just announcing it on the forum.

Rich Z 09-27-2014 10:44 AM

Normally the best draw is by featuring some relatively well known person in the industry to discuss something that they are well known for. But unfortunately, I don't believe we have anyone like that who frequents this site.

So if anyone has any suggestions about a topic they would like to ride herd on to draw participants, please let me know.

Otherwise if anyone would like to just set a periodic time and date for a general chat session, we can give that a whirl and just see what happens.