The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   pismo beach, cali. car show. (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17182)

72ragtop 06-22-2008 02:04 PM

pismo beach, cali. car show.

figured i send a link to some photos my son and i took at car show i'm attending this weekend, out in cali. Great 3 day show. Over 2000 cars. Got about 300 photos mixed cars. Also saw the ZR1 at the chevy display. Got some other photos u can skip by.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Cloutier...ssicJune212008

C5Rick 06-22-2008 02:25 PM

Looks like you had great weather to look at some great cars. Rained here all day Sat., but we needed it.
Have fun out there :dancer01: and we'll see ya when ya return

"Backyard Mechanic" 06-22-2008 02:51 PM

AWESOME CARS:dancer01::dancer01::thumbsup:

Yellow 06-22-2008 03:39 PM

:thumbsup:

Scully 06-22-2008 07:49 PM

awesome Cali cars

72ragtop 06-26-2008 12:00 PM

some interesting numbers from the local newspaper out here.
over 125,000 spectators on sat and sun. They didnt keep track on thurs, which was set up day or Friday which was welcome day.
Haggerty est. over 100 million in cars
Car Coral avg sale price was well over 100K. This area would be the cars on the green carpet in photos.
435 blower cars
200 low riders
200+ 55-57 chevys
There were many cars and bikes built or painted by the big guys, chip foose, Boyd, Jesse James and many others. I spoke with one of the local painters for Santa Maria. His paint jobs start at 25K and thats with u removing most of the chorme, windshield, etc. And if he wants to replace panel vs welding/bondo. You do it his way i was told.
The auction was again run by a few of the Barrett-Jackson guys and was great.
Jay Leno had a few exhibit cars there.
I've seen some of the best paint jobs i've ever seen in my days at this show this yr. Reflections in the paint were equal to looking at a mirror. WOW
Orange seems to be the color this yr. Or various shades of it. And big metal flakes making a come back on the lowriders.
Rob i think you would of like the BB chevys out there. I sure did
Wish i had more space on camera to take more photos. But thats my goal for next yr. Already have 1700 cars signed up for 09 show

"Backyard Mechanic" 06-26-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72ragtop (Post 63161)
some interesting numbers from the local newspaper out here.
over 125,000 spectators on sat and sun. They didnt keep track on thurs, which was set up day or Friday which was welcome day.
Haggerty est. over 100 million in cars
Car Coral avg sale price was well over 100K. This area would be the cars on the green carpet in photos.
435 blower cars
200 low riders
200+ 55-57 chevys
There were many cars and bikes built or painted by the big guys, chip foose, Boyd, Jesse James and many others. I spoke with one of the local painters for Santa Maria. His paint jobs start at 25K and thats with u removing most of the chorme, windshield, etc. And if he wants to replace panel vs welding/bondo. You do it his way i was told.
The auction was again run by a few of the Barrett-Jackson guys and was great.
Jay Leno had a few exhibit cars there.
I've seen some of the best paint jobs i've ever seen in my days at this show this yr. Reflections in the paint were equal to looking at a mirror. WOW
Orange seems to be the color this yr. Or various shades of it. And big metal flakes making a come back on the lowriders.
Rob i think you would of like the BB chevys out there. I sure did
Wish i had more space on camera to take more photos. But thats my goal for next yr. Already have 1700 cars signed up for 09 show

I want to go next time:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

72ragtop 06-26-2008 11:06 PM

OK, Rob
Show is third weekend of june every yr. plan accordingly and i'll be there. My son lives about 10 miles from show area. you need a good 12 hrs to see all cars.

98 softtail 06-28-2008 10:24 PM

Totally Cool dude..!