The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   HELP WANTED!!!!!! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19353)

Rich Z 08-28-2008 12:47 PM

HELP WANTED!!!!!!

I REALLY need someone to keep the calendar on this site up-to-date with all the events going on around the state. I know I use this calendar to try to make my decisions about what shows I want to attend, and I'm sure others do as well, but I know for a fact that there are a lot of shows not listed there.

I just don't have the time available with my business, otherwise I would do it myself for my own personal use.

I really hate to miss some events just because I don't know about them. It's just not real easy browsing through the Shows and Events forum to determine what shows are where and when, so this really would be a help to everyone.

ANYONE willing to help out?

MRS. XTREME 08-28-2008 03:29 PM

I would help you out.
Is the happenings and event forum where I would get all the info??
I just want to make sure I would know where to go to get info before I commited.

Rich Z 08-28-2008 03:59 PM

ANY source is fair game. The idea of this is to have the calendar on this site reflect any and all events, shows, cruises, meetings, whatever, that we all might be interested in knowing about and possibly attending.

Listings on club websites, any general car show listings, anything at all as a source will work. I'm sure this will benefit everyone as the more eyes that see an event, the more potentially successful it will be.

The preferred format would be as much info as possible within the post on the calendar with a link to a webpage where more info and contact would be available for those wanting to know more.

In my case, the way I use the calendar is to simply browse the listing at the bottom of the main page and make note of which shows are taking place on which weekends that I feel I may have free to get away and attend.

I really do appreciate the offer of help. I know we are missing a bunch of events simple because we just don't know about them. If would help if the promoters themselves would post on the calendar, but I guess they already have their hands full....

Thank you!

Rich Z.

98 softtail 08-28-2008 06:22 PM

Rich, I would like to help ya but I am pretty much a DooFus on the computer.

Rich Z 08-28-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98 softtail (Post 68183)

Are you trainable? :hehehe:

Or worst comes to worst, maybe you could just find events for MRS. XTREME to add into the calendar....

vett boy 08-28-2008 06:24 PM

Bless you child .One of the reasons I joined this forum was to be informed and get involved with all the wonderfull Florida activities.Sadly i'm where I want to be.In three years i've never made one show or meet.

I hope that in time I can help a little more.This is the best Forums out there.

vett boy 08-28-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Hey I was just looking at a house in Bradenton,maybe we could go to night school together :shrug01:

ynkedad 08-28-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Rich, I am pretty much a DooFus on the computer.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

raidmagic 08-28-2008 09:04 PM

How about a common thread that can be posted in by members then the person in charge of the calendar can acces that thread and put the events in the calendar.

"Backyard Mechanic" 08-28-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidmagic (Post 68212)
How about a common thread that can be posted in by members then the person in charge of the calendar can acces that thread and put the events in the calendar.

Anyone can put in info in the calender:thumbsup: