The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   End It Now (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45123)

JIM KILL 04-28-2010 01:44 PM

End It Now

:nonod: And we wonder why this country is depressed..forget who started this...let's end it today and bring our Troops home!!
Just days after passing one difficult anniversary, that of the fifth year of the Iraq war, another grim milestone was reached last Sunday night. According to an Associated Press tally, the death of...... four U.S. soldiers during a roadside bombing attack brought the American death toll to 4,000. And that number will inevitably rise with this President or more than likely, his successor continue to grapple with how to end American involvement in the country. :nonod:

http://costofwar.com/

:nonod: Jim :nonod:

Veteran of Viet nam ~ 1967-1968
Cam Rahn Bay

Kap142 04-28-2010 02:15 PM

I so tatally agree. We changing what over there? Hearts and minds, right!

als2052 04-28-2010 04:01 PM

I for one am all for leaving that part of the world and let them sort it out themselves. As for who started the war, I am sure some of fallen's survivors will never forget...

vett boy 04-28-2010 05:34 PM

It's a tar baby .When will we learn never get involved in political wars .No matter what we do we'll end up the looser.

I am so supportive of our young troops ,I wonder 30-40 years from now if they will feel the same way many of us feel about having been in Viet Nam.

donzee 04-28-2010 06:08 PM

Could not agree more.
You dont see much in the paper anymore, the best reports are from my son on his 2nd tour, but he is at a JSS (?) and the internet is bad , so lucky to hear from him once a week.
Im afraid it will be the forgotten solders like Nam vets.
Thanks to all past & present solders.
don

vett boy 04-28-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donzee (Post 113562)
Could not agree more.
You dont see much in the paper anymore, the best reports are from my son on his 2nd tour, but he is at a JSS (?) and the internet is bad , so lucky to hear from him once a week.
don

I want you to know that I appreciate your son and I won't forget .May God be with him.

shakedown067 04-28-2010 09:10 PM

Couldn't agree more. We can't truly settle things at home, till we bring our troops (and our money) home. The spending over there is just nuts. My sister-in-law is over there now for the Air Force.

Shadow 04-28-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 113561)
It's a tar baby .When will we learn never get involved in political wars...

Never....:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by donzee (Post 113562)
Could not agree more.
don

Tell your son to stay safe and he's in our prayers.
Unfortunately, we have a very short memory:(
In some cases, it's already forgotten.....:nonod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 113575)
I want you to know that I appreciate your son and I won't forget .May God be with him.

Agreed!:thumbsup::usa_flag:

CHASZ51 05-08-2010 06:52 PM

Should have never been over there from the get go. I say nuke that whole part of the world. Hate to sound cold.

Kap142 05-08-2010 07:31 PM

Ya know what I wonder? How much in American dollars are GIVEN to buy us friends through out the world on a yearly basis. Do ya think we could reduce the national debt to damn near nothing in a few months?

Just tell me who of our friends really are friends? England, Canada, Israel, Australia and who else? We didn't have to buy them. We don't have to buy friends either. Let um solve (or not) their own problems.

Bring our young men and women home. We love um and we ask too much of them for no good reason.

Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack.