The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Citrus county mechanic (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110138)

C6Z51 08-10-2017 07:40 PM

Citrus county mechanic

Does anyone know of or suggest a reliable mechanic.in the citrus county area
I need to have my rotors checked, oil change. idle adjustment.and possibly new rear tires I checked the born on date and there 10 years old, front only 1 year

And knows their jacking points on a corvette my c-5 was lifted by previous owner and mess up the front quarter panel
I wonder where some Mechanics get their knowledge one tried to tell me that the rear differential was not part of the drivetrain

:face_palm_02:

Thank You

Rich Z 08-10-2017 08:44 PM

I see people coming in here quite frequently looking for a good Corvette tech local to them. You would think that people who would fit this category would just come here and hang up a shingle so people could find them easier. I just don't know why this seems so damned logical to me....... :shrug01:

You take you vette to a dealership, who you would think would know these cars, and they have their mechanics put lift pads on the underside of the body panels, cracking them, or have their car jockeys park the cars and run the front end up onto a curb, damaging the skid bars of the lower radiator support bracket. Drives me nuts...

Good luck with your search. Sorry I can't recommend anyone to you. There is a good tech here in Tallahassee at the Chevy dealership, but he recently got promoted to service department shop foreman, and doesn't do the day to day hands on stuff any longer. So I do whatever I can myself.

C6Z51 08-10-2017 09:34 PM

Yes I guess I did ask a stupid question:banghead:

Rich Z 08-11-2017 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C6Z51 (Post 199678)
Yes I guess I did ask a stupid question:banghead:

Not at all. Your question wasn't stupid at all. What IS stupid, however, is that finding good quality corvette techs is do damned difficult to do. They should be making the effort to actively solicit customers and advertising their availability, not the other way around, forcing potential customers to have to look in every nook and cranny to try to find them.

Sorry if you misunderstood the intent of my earlier reply.

C6Z51 08-11-2017 04:34 AM

I understood what you were saying I saw the :-) I used to work for General Motors transmission plant we had a saying there

the only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask

mrr23 08-11-2017 08:02 PM

If you are willing to drive to orlando, I can take care of most of your issues. To adjust your idle on the c6 is a computer adjustment. Unless it's just a dirty throttle body.