The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   exhaust tip cleaner (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1923)

ClockworkC5 02-03-2007 08:47 PM

exhaust tip cleaner

ive got a borla ss exhaust. last weekend during my half @ss cleaning, i tried to scrub the tips to no avail. they still looked pretty dirty. what is a good cleaner to use? i forgot to ask the people at pep boys when i was picking up some more maguires. ive got some ss polish for silver ware. . .just a thought.

Rich Z 02-03-2007 09:17 PM

You know, I've been meaning to try something but just haven't had a chance. Back when I had more time to shoot my revolvers, I used to have a mess with thick carbon buildup at the front of the cylinders. I tried everything, but without much success, to get that stuff cleaned off of those stainless steel parts. Then I bought this special cleaning cloth called "Lead Away" that worked like absolute magic! I'm thinking it will just excellent for cleaning up exhaust tips and such.

Soon as I can make a path through the workroom to my gun cleaning rack, I'll find some of that stuff and give it a try. Then I'll let you know.....

exile 02-04-2007 01:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I us Nevr-Dull on the titanium tips and I think it does a great job. It comes in a can and is a damp cotton wadding. It can be bought at most any Advanced Auto or like store as well as many other metal polishes that seem to work well :thumbsup: .........Tom :)

ynkedad 02-04-2007 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exile
I us Nevr-Dull on the titanium tips and I think it does a great job. It comes in a can and is a damp cotton wadding. It can be bought at most any Advanced Auto or like store as well as many other metal polishes that seem to work well :thumbsup: .........Tom :)

Ya know, I entered this post to suggest "Never Dull" although, I haven't tried it for myself, we used it in the Navy quite a bit.:thumbsup:
I've got a can in the shead (it's been there for a year or so), think i'll give it a shot!:wavey:

ClockworkC5 02-04-2007 09:12 AM

funny, i just pulled out all my detailing stuff and ive got a can of the same stuff. ive got no idea why, or when i bought it, or if ive ever used it and on what. but its there so ill give it a swirl. thanks for the input

ynkedad 02-04-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClockworkC5
funny, i just pulled out all my detailing stuff and ive got a can of the same stuff. ive got no idea why, or when i bought it, or if ive ever used it and on what. but its there so ill give it a swirl. thanks for the input

Let us know how it works for you!!!:thumbsup:

~Ray

Rich Z 02-04-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exile

You know, I may have to pick up a can of that Nevr-Dull stuff. Maybe I could rub it on my own head when I am having a dumb day.... :hehehe:

THOR 02-04-2007 03:45 PM

Go to Nakidparts.com and look at the stainless steel polishing kit. It is awesome stuff and not hard to do. He has some cool products for the corvette and is a vendor on Corvette Forum. His splash guards are incredible and awesome as well. I hope this helps. Mark

SteveGel 02-04-2007 07:40 PM

Use Mothers "Mag & Aluminum Polish" it works awesome! Trust me on this one.:thumbsup:

ClockworkC5 02-04-2007 07:59 PM

worked alright. much better then it was, but ill try some thing else next time. ive got the borla exhaust, the tips are large, but get smaller quickly so you can see it. theres naturally carbon all over it. what will take the carbon off? the ss cleaner didnt touch it