The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and Happenings (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Corvette -Mexican food!!!! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2754)

THOR 06-10-2007 01:57 PM

Corvette -Mexican food!!!!

It's time to pick another restaurant. I was thinking about El Mocojetes on June 30th at 1 pm. The mexican food is excellent and very very good value. The parking lot is big too. the restaurant is located in Palmetto on 301 just east of Haben Blvd (the road that goes behind the civic center) on the north side of 301.
Perhaps we can even do a little run and go out to Anna Maria to Bean Point and then down Longboat Key and visit a couple of water holes to quench our throats. Then head out around St. Armands and any points from there. Just a thought for anyone interested. It won't be a high speed run given that the island police really frown at cars in general on the island.
We could even do the run before lunch and then end up in Palmetto ready to chow. It wuld also be nice if spouses or significant others could join. Kids in my book are always welcome too. I would be glad to map it out and plan the few hours we'll be together.
Anybody interested. Mark:wavey: :crazy03:

Shadow 06-10-2007 02:14 PM

Mark, that sounds great!!!

The island run is a beautiful drive and there are 3 little beach bars, one in Anna Maria, One in Bradenton Beach and another I think on Longboat Key, that are all owned by the same company. Ifyou want, I could contact them and see if they'd be willing to set something up for us on parking and the like?

I've got the information and will post it up later.

The only way to really enjoy the island cruise is nice and easy:thumbsup: You miss too much going fast and as you implied, the island cops have no sense of humor:NoNo:
Either way, this could be a great cruise weather permitting:thumbsup:

C5Rick 06-10-2007 02:32 PM

I'm flying my daughter and grandkids in from 6/21 thru 7/5, but if I behave, they'll probably let me go. After all it will be for a good cuase, my sanity.

THOR 06-10-2007 07:12 PM

The three restaurant-bars you are referring to are owned by Ed Chilles- the Sandbar, Beach House, and Mar Vista. They are great places to stop. Also was thinking of the Salty Dog in LBK adjacent to Mote Marine.
Say Shadow, what happened to you yesterday? I thought you were going to join us and show us your 87 vette. Also would like to meet you and get to know our moderator. Mark :wavey:

C5Rick 06-10-2007 09:24 PM

Mark,
In a PM he said something about his Vette wouldn,t start.

THOR 06-10-2007 09:48 PM

Sounds like Shadow was copying me or vice a versa. Bummer.

Shadow 06-10-2007 10:23 PM

Da Shadow knows......:reddevil:

Seriously now. How the hell can I keep up a rep like "Shadow" if I keep showing up everywhere? Especially in the dayum daytime!!:rofl1: :rofl1:

Sorry I mised it guys and gals:(

Actually, I some last minute work issues that had to be dealt come up and couldn't wait:( By the time I was done it was after 1pm.

Still couldn't get the vettes hood open and the danmed thing wouldn't start!!!:mad: I got the drivers side open but the passenger side said:nonod:

Ended up flatbedding it to Andreh's (Insty Lube & Tune) and they had that side opened in 10 minutes:rolleyes:

By the time we had it started it was 6pm.

I'm definately looking forward to the next one. Would like to meet the crew:thumbsup: :icon_cheers:

THOR 06-12-2007 06:46 PM

There doesn't appear to be much interest for June 30 meet. Perhaps we should postpone until later or do something else. I 'm just looking for excuses to see my corvette friends and cruise a little. Please give me some feedback. Mark :wavey:

"Backyard Mechanic" 06-12-2007 07:07 PM

Just relax Mark,Let this great idea brew alittle,I may even show up this time,Let's just see how the rest off this month goes,I'm sure the crowd will build up.So Mark can relax alittle,I'll just tell everyone who loves there vette's PLEASE SHOW UP OR ELSE.:lmao: :rofl1: :ack2:

THOR 06-12-2007 08:17 PM

ok I finally heard a voice from the void. Alright then, I'll lighten up and relax and give it time to grab everyone interested. Enough said, time for a Coors. See ya. Mark