The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Vette Doctor (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40852)

Bob K 01-18-2010 07:01 PM

Vette Doctor

I have recently moved to Palm Bay and I need to get some work done on the Vette. Has anyone had any experiences with Vette Doctor in Melbourne? Maybe someone could also recommend a different place they have had good luck with.

Thanks

spiceman 01-19-2010 08:56 AM

Hi Bob K,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 106270)
I have recently moved to Palm Bay and I need to get some work done on the Vette. Has anyone had any experiences with Vette Doctor in Melbourne? Maybe someone could also recommend a different place they have had good luck with.

Thanks

Bob I have heard of the Vette Doctor, problem is, there are more than one.
The one in Melborne I'm not sure of. However, seeing as you live in Palm Bay area, here's a suggestion.
Take a drive to Eckler's Corvette there in Tititsville on US 1 , stop by, introduce yourself, and ask for their recommonding some one. Many Vetee shops that way. The majority of the Corvette people in this site are west Cost folks who share the site with everyone, and few from Central Florida like myself and east coast such as you.
Eckler's folks are pretty nice and very helping to the Corvette people.

Spice:welcome:

Bob K 01-19-2010 09:08 AM

Thanks Spiceman. I have talked to Bob at Vette Doctor and he says he's authorized to do GM extended warranty work. I have already formed an opinion based on our conversation and I am going to meet with him this morning. I have an EBCM that went bad and I do my own tuning so I'm going to find out if this is going to be an issue. I think I have a better chance of getting it fixed by avoiding a dealership.

I'm also pretty sure that in Fl we can demand arbitration if GM refuses to repair it. Whatever happens, I will post the results. I think this forum is a great idea.

spiceman 01-19-2010 09:11 AM

what do you own Bob? C5 or C6

Bob K 01-19-2010 09:35 AM

It's a C5 Spice. '03 Anniversary Special. I bought new and have 40,000 on it. I will post a link to my website when this is settled. Right now I had to disable it for reasons you'll understand later. Are you familiar with Bradenton, PBIR, OSW? Hint, hint. ;)

spiceman 01-19-2010 10:24 AM

PBIR yes, but OSW no.

Bob K 01-19-2010 12:46 PM

I just got back from the Vette Doctor and so far so good. Bob seems very knowledgeable and has worked on Vettes for 22 years. He is also buried in Vettes. They are in the garage and parking lot which is a good sign.

I have an appointment for Tues morning. He has noted that the ECBM is bad and also the air conditioning display. Tuesday he will thoroughly go through the car and inspect it for other components that may be showing signs of needing repair. When he is done an adjuster will come in from GM and go over the car noting what parts need to be replaced. Hopefully at that time he will authorize Bob to make the repairs.

I will update this thread when the issues have been resolved or when the status has changed.

RevXtreme 1 01-19-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 106319)
I just got back from the Vette Doctor and so far so good. Bob seems very knowledgeable and has worked on Vettes for 22 years. He is also buried in Vettes. They are in the garage and parking lot which is a good sign.

I have an appointment for Tues morning. He has noted that the ECBM is bad and also the air conditioning display. Tuesday he will thoroughly go through the car and inspect it for other components that may be showing signs of needing repair. When he is done an adjuster will come in from GM and go over the car noting what parts need to be replaced. Hopefully at that time he will authorize Bob to make the repairs.

I will update this thread when the issues have been resolved or when the status has changed.

Thats a good sign Bob! You don't need no stinking ABS when playing the finish line though!!:D

Bob K 01-19-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 (Post 106320)
Thats a good sign Bob! You don't need no stinking ABS when playing the finish line though!!:D

You dirt bag, ya caught me. :D I found out Sat night I cannot shut off traction control. They say with a bad EBCM it doesn't work. That's BS. I'll tell you the story if I see you Sat. It was ugly.

I am going out right now to try pulling the fuses and see if that will disable it. If it doesn't, then I guess I won't be over for a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll call you for advice. I know how busy you are which is why I haven't called.

ironhorse 01-23-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 106270)

Thanks

The only Vette Doctors are on Long island, NY. the doctors in NY do some awsome work...Carman & Dennis are great guys and the best at there craft! I never heard of the Vette Doctor in Melbourne?...I guess some use that name in other places in the country...I have lived in Port St Lucie for 8 years, about 40 minutes from Melbourne. Again, never heard of the vette Doctor up there?...:shrug01: