The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road Outside of Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Niagara Falls Canada (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658)

86DSOMVERT 08-23-2006 12:14 AM

Niagara Falls Canada

4 Attachment(s)
Well life has been so rough lately. :hehehe:

I've never been here before and I was just in awe of the falls.

Going on the Maid of the Mist, Behind the Falls and Imax and River Rapids and possibly the Whirlpool. Vette is tucked in right next to the front door of the hotel. Other than having a slight temper tantrum in Detroit the ole Vette is handling this 2,500 mile journey just fine.

SRQC5 08-23-2006 12:17 AM

what great pics. The only time i was ever there was when i was 6. I want to go back sometime though. There was so much to do there but we only stayed a day.

MADN3SS 08-23-2006 07:17 AM

Great pics! My wife and I plan on going in the next few years. We'll be sure to do Maid of the Mist and go behind the falls as well. I've seen a Discovery channel show about the falls that mentions the different attractions.

I'm mesmerized by nature. I could look at clouds, lightning and waterfalls all day long. As a matter of fact, I take pictures of clouds constantly.

2Vettes 08-23-2006 10:41 AM

Great pics! I was there years and years ago with my folks. Would be nice to see it again as an adult.

86DSOMVERT 08-30-2006 02:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Well heres some more pictures on the day of the tour. I'm just putting in some highlight pictures I have well over 300.

86DSOMVERT 08-30-2006 02:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More behind the falls.

86DSOMVERT 08-30-2006 02:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Horseshoe and some of the American Falls.

86DSOMVERT 08-30-2006 02:30 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Well this is obviously not Niagara Falls. On the trip back we stopped in Gatlinburg for I think our 14th stay in the last 18 months. Something about the Smokeys that are just relaxing and enchanting at the same time. Were just going to buy a cabin pretty soon and rent it out.

Anyways came out to pack the Corvette and this is what I saw. :thumbsup: Been looking to get closeup pictures in the wild for a long time and here Momma and 3 baby cubs were garbage picking in the Chalet Village by Ober Gatlinburg about 50 feet away. Momma didn't like the fact that I took her picture and came running back sending me scrambling into the chalet with her snorting at the end of the driveway.

MADN3SS 08-30-2006 12:06 PM

Breathtaking pictures!

Nytro 08-30-2006 12:57 PM

Great pics, Niagra Falls sure is beautiful, the constant roar is deafining. I first saw the falls in the Marilyn Monroe movie Niagra. I was six and in love with her and the falls. I drove my parents nuts to go there on vacation to see the falls and hopefully to run into Marilyn. I saw the falls, but never Marilyn. Upstate New York can be breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.