The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Here's a $20.00 voucher... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2554)

ynkedad 05-05-2007 03:26 PM

Here's a $20.00 voucher...

:toetap05: Arrived at 1:30 and now we're stuck at the airport in N. Carolina till at least 7:30pm:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .
Our connecting flight to Rochester was cancelled due to, :rolleyes: get this... "no one to fly the plane" WTF:eek: !
So they gave us a $20.00 voucher for dinner and we're booked for a flight leaving outta here at 7:30.
Oh Well, Guess that's way better than most of the peeps, who are having to wait till the wee hours of the morning.:shrug01: .

~Ray:wavey:

Rich Z 05-05-2007 05:37 PM

Sheesh..... Do you think maybe they have management issues at that airport? Gee, let's see, we have 100 planes leaving here today, so how many pilots do we need? Duh.....

Classy 05-05-2007 07:34 PM

Hi Guy's,That's sucks,Should have called,I would of flown the plane for you,:lmao: Have A safe trip,see you soon.

2Vettes 05-05-2007 09:49 PM

Don'tcha just love it?? :banghead:

THOR 05-09-2007 06:17 PM

Can't be too much difference in driving a vette vs. flying a jet. Heck, even my sheep and SteveK's Llama could have flown you across the friendly skies.:lmao: Seriously though, I think 20.00 bucks is kinda of cheap. Dinner alone is 20.00 per person easily. Sorry to hear about your travel woes. Mark

navy2kcoupe 05-09-2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
:
So they gave us a $20.00 voucher for dinner and we're booked for a flight leaving outta here at 7:30.

Hey Ray, there IS a bright side. At least they're not making you spend the $20.00 on airline food:ack2: :ack2: :lmao:
Lemme see.....1 granola bar......2 bags of..............
Andy :wavey:

ynkedad 05-12-2007 01:45 PM

Hey Gang...

when we finally boarded the plane, we found ourselves in the last row :eek: . You know the one, 3 seats, no leg room and you can't recline:banghead: 1.5 hours of feeling like a sardine.:yesnod: .
Anyhow, we made it ok and are at the airport (lay over) heading home now.
Guess i'll have some catching up to do when I get home.

Daytona-Flyer 05-15-2007 08:18 AM

As I retired airline Captain, let me chime in. Scheduling is one of the toughest jobs in aviation. The FAA rules are very specific.

You can be scheduled to fly no more than 8 hours in 24. You can exceed that due to bad weather or maintainance issues. However, if you go over eight hours of flight time, you need to have double your flight time off instead of the normal eight. If you went over by one hour (9 hours) then you need 18 hours off. If you know your are going to go over 16 hours of duty time on your next leg, you can't even take off.

Even if you are flying on US Airways, out of their Charlotte hub, They may run out of reserves if there is widespread bad weather.

Eric