The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bathroom Flood... Question???? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2198)

ynkedad 03-11-2007 08:06 AM

Bathroom Flood... Question????

Well I woke up @ 5am. to find one of the toilets (at the other end of the house) running for who knows how long.? I headed down the hall to jiggle the handle and found myself in a swamp. It flooded the bathroom, hallway a bedroom, A closet, the laundryroom and part of a livingroom, Going thru walls etc.
Apparently, The chain on the flushing handle (in the toilet) broke and got caught in the rubber flapper and bingo!!!:banghead:

So I scurried to get the Wet Vac and it's accessories to deal with this while Angel called the insurance adjuster and filed a claim. She also called an emergency water removal company to assist. So far, my son and I have vacuumed 24 gallons of water out:eek: and it's still flooded!
Oh and I took pictures prior to vacuuming.:thumbsup:

Question...
Anything else I should do or know about when dealing with sort of thing?

Thanks,
~Ray

vett boy 03-11-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
Well I woke up @ 5am. to find one of the toilets (at the other end of the house) running for who knows how long.? I headed down the hall to jiggle the handle and found myself in a swamp. It flooded the bathroom, hallway a bedroom, A closet, the laundryroom and part of a livingroom, Going thru walls etc.
Apparently, The chain on the flushing handle (in the toilet) broke and got caught in the rubber flapper and bingo!!!:banghead:

So I scurried to get the Wet Vac and it's accessories to deal with this while Angel called the insurance adjuster and filed a claim. She also called an emergency water removal company to assist. So far, my son and I have vacuumed 24 gallons of water out:eek: and it's still flooded!
Oh and I took pictures prior to vacuuming.:thumbsup:

Question...
Anything else I should do or know about when dealing with sort of thing?

Thanks,
~Ray

Don't call FEMA ! Other than that I think you've done everything right.Hope the rest of the day picks up for ya.
Your always welcome to move into my 10x20 self storage in Orlando . Good luck. Steve

Lou G 03-11-2007 12:11 PM

YNKEDAD, wow! Between droppings on your car and water in your bathroom you are running a mean streak. :eek: That means you are due for good things to come your way. :yesnod: Hope the rest of the day goes well.

ynkedad 03-11-2007 01:35 PM

Thanks Guys!

:thumbsup: These people have been here for hours now, ripping up carpet, drying floors, ripping off trim etc, etc... This fella has worked with several Ins companies before including ours, and seems to know his business.:thumbsup:
There's apparently lots of damage besides the carpet, including paint, drywall (now wet:hehehe: ) and wall paper.:nonod:
On a cool note...He owns a 2005 C6, A4 Red Vette:thumbsup: .So, he can't be all that bad;) .
We talked Vettes for like 30 minutes or so. I started mine up so he could hear the Magna's, and informed him of this site and it's awesome peeps:dancer01: .
Oh and YES...he now has a flyer to the site:thumbsup:

~Ray

Rich Z 03-11-2007 03:05 PM

Man, you sure know how to have fun on a weekend! :eek:

Mark Dalton 03-11-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
:thumbsup: These people have been here for hours now, ripping up carpet, drying floors, ripping off trim etc, etc... This fella has worked with several Ins companies before including ours, and seems to know his business.:thumbsup:
There's apparently lots of damage besides the carpet, including paint, drywall (now wet:hehehe: ) and wall paper.:nonod:
On a cool note...He owns a 2005 C6, A4 Red Vette:thumbsup: .So, he can't be all that bad;) .
We talked Vettes for like 30 minutes or so. I started mine up so he could hear the Magna's, and informed him of this site and it's awesome peeps:dancer01: .
Oh and YES...he now has a flyer to the site:thumbsup:

~Ray

Damn Ray! That's a helluva thing to do to your house just to sign up another site member.:D Seriously though, I hope all goes well with the repairs.:thumbsup:

2Vettes 03-11-2007 09:22 PM

Wow, what a mess! I had a similar thing happen a few years ago but on a much smaller scale...only carpets in bathroom and bedroom ruined. I conveniently use that as an excuse to tile both rooms. :rolleyes:
Hope the rest of your week goes better. :thumbsup:

ynkedad 03-11-2007 09:36 PM

Thanks guys n gals....

yea..we're going to be putting in wood flooring now:D I firmly believe that things happen for a reason:thumbsup: .

~Ray

Mike Bartlett 03-12-2007 07:44 AM

My neighbors here in Oviedo were gone for a weeks vacation and while gone a washing machine hose exploded...entire house ruined,water ran for a week untill they got home! Turn off your main shut off valve before you go away for long trips.Most in Fl. found on outside of house where it enters the structure.

ynkedad 03-12-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Bartlett
My neighbors here in Oviedo were gone for a weeks vacation and while gone a washing machine hose exploded...entire house ruined,water ran for a week untill they got home! Turn off your main shut off valve before you go away for long trips.Most in Fl. found on outside of house where it enters the structure.

Good tip.:thumbsup: