The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legal Issues (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tires Plus in tallahassee (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35176)

THUNDER 09-01-2009 01:52 PM

Tires Plus in tallahassee

Ok just wondering:
About a month ago i went to tires plus to have tires put on the rims on my vette. My fiancee stayed with my vette so i could go to work and brought my vette to me right from there shop 3 miles away.

as soon as she handed me the keys i called Tires plus about them not putting my rear cnter caps back on. I have been very patient with them and tired of being blown off.

i resently talked with the district manager about this and again he said well i can give you $400 but think i can find 2 new caps. no i have looked for over a month and nothing. So considering just replacing my rims.

but since i like my rims i shouldnt have to replace them becuse there shop lost my center caps.

its apaent there not going to do anything and i know my rims are old and i cant simply replace what i have now. Any ideas?

Thunder

VetteHeadz 09-01-2009 02:24 PM

Take the $400 and buy 2 new center caps for $30.:thumbsup:

fletcher4u 09-01-2009 03:51 PM

If they are stock check the Ecklers web catalog they have them all.:thumbsup:

THUNDER 09-01-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fletcher4u (Post 96397)
If they are stock check the Ecklers web catalog they have them all.:thumbsup:

no there aftermarket dealer i have looked everyware.

vett boy 09-02-2009 08:21 PM

Check with GM Junkie (he's a member)he probibly has a bunch under his bed .:D

I didn't get the year of your car.

fletcher4u 09-03-2009 06:16 AM

Can you post :pics:of the wheels so we know what they look like ?

Shadow 09-04-2009 05:48 AM

They were "negligent" and you can force them, to replace them (if they can find them either?).

However, to do so may require legal action, take time and be initially expensive for you (may get it back in the judgement).

That said, if you'll get the make/brand/style of wheel (they look very familiar but I can't recall at present what the name is:(), I'm sure someone can help you find a set.

They appear not to have the name embossed on the cover so another option might be to have a set made. Again, Tires Plus can probably be forced to pay for the expense, but it would likely require legal action to make it happen.

A final option is to send a certified mail letter (informative/demand) to the corporate legal depatrment for Tires Plus or in lieu fo that, simply to corporate.

Once things start getting messy, you need to have everything in writing and all communication sent certified.

That levels the playing field (actually tilts it "slightly" in your favor.) If you have a friend that's an attorney, see if they will place the letter on thier letter head. A letter from one shark to another seems to get more action than one generated from a "non-bar numbered" customer;)

Hope some of this helps.

G

(standard disclaimer: No I'm not a freaking attorney and no, I don't play one on television!):lmao:

Lou G 09-04-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 96530)
(standard disclaimer: No I'm not a freaking attorney and no, I don't play one on television!):lmao:

Are you sure?? I thought I saw you on a Matlock episode. :lmao:

85vette 09-04-2009 01:54 PM

but he did stay at a Holiday Inn express....:rofl1:

navy2kcoupe 09-04-2009 02:48 PM

"

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85vette (Post 96554)
but he did stay at a Holiday Inn express....:rofl1:

More like a "Holiday Inn DISTRESS"! :lmao:
Hey Gordon!
Andy :wavey: