The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Firearms and Other Weapons (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Smart Man (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53312)

Bob K 12-13-2010 08:07 PM

Smart Man

Saturday morning I was stopped by Palm Bay police. She wanted my license, proof of insurance and registration. When I pulled out my license she must have seen my permit cause she asked me if I was armed. I replied yes and she asked where. I said on my belt and another was in my golf bag. She replied, "smart man".

mickeystoysz16 12-13-2010 08:58 PM

Probably because you have a permit and answered honestly with no hostile intentions. I her line of work most of the time if she askes if someone is armed the usual respone is I gots nutin.

Shadow 12-14-2010 07:57 AM

:lmao:Good point Mickey:lmao:

I always felt that the ones who told me they wwere armed, wern't going to shoot me:thumbsup:

Kap142 12-14-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 127658)
:lmao:Good point Mickey:lmao:

I always felt that the ones who told me they wwere armed, wern't going to shoot me:thumbsup:

WORD:thumbsup:

Bob K 12-14-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 (Post 127642)
Probably because you have a permit and answered honestly with no hostile intentions. I her line of work most of the time if she askes if someone is armed the usual respone is I gots nutin.

Interesting view point. I took her to mean that I was smart to be carrying. Maybe if I go speed down Malabar Rd I can meet her again and ask what she meant. :D

VetteHeadz 12-15-2010 06:35 PM

I was stopped by FHP a month ago, when the tropper returned with my license and registration he asked if I had any weapons in the car, I said no and he returned my info and said have a nice day.

Question for LEO folks, did he ask if I had weapons because running my license may have indicated I have a CCW? Just curious.

Z06 Rocket 12-16-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VetteHeadz (Post 127810)
I was stopped by FHP a month ago, when the tropper returned with my license and registration he asked if I had any weapons in the car, I said no and he returned my info and said have a nice day.

Question for LEO folks, did he ask if I had weapons because running my license may have indicated I have a CCW? Just curious.

Nope, just a random question. LEO look at your response to the question and body language etc to see if there may be feelings of fear or guilt on behalf of the driver that may need further investigation. They probably ask everyone thats not 90 plus years old to see what they say.

Bob K 12-16-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket (Post 127880)
Nope, just a random question. LEO look at your response to the question and body language etc to see if there may be feelings of fear or guilt on behalf of the driver that may need further investigation. They probably ask everyone thats not 90 plus years old to see what they say.

That's good. Too dam- much info out there about us but the bad guys probably fly under the radar.

mickeystoysz16 12-16-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 127681)
Interesting view point. I took her to mean that I was smart to be carrying. Maybe if I go speed down Malabar Rd I can meet her again and ask what she meant. :D

That would be a good idea. Was she good looking?

Bob K 12-16-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeystoysz16 (Post 127890)
That would be a good idea. Was she good looking?

Average but she was a nice person. I should say seemed to be nice. We know how a woman can change in a heart beat. :rofl1: