The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Things have been dead here lately.... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21057)

Rich Z 10-05-2008 05:41 PM

Things have been dead here lately....

Where is everyone? :shrug01:

LS2POWA 10-05-2008 05:53 PM

Making that moneeey!

chris308 10-05-2008 06:12 PM

well reasons i have been MIA is 2 fold; 1 i work at Raymond James and lately the financial world has been in the toilet... things at work have been shakey to say the least. Going through reorginaztions and there have even been talks/rumors about outsourcing :ack2:

Which has lead to my second reason, I was in a state of thinking about giving up the vette... looking at my finances and my girlfriends finances and with us wanting to get into our first home i just couldn't see how i could keep the car. Well the gf was seeing what i was going through with car shopping and deciding what to do with the vette i was really depressed at one point :confused: Well we talked and she said i should keep it if it means that much to me and we'll figure something out down the road! :thumbsup:

So at this point i got my second wind so to speak, and am enjoying my vert for a while longer!! :hehehe: I just spent the day yesterday with Tracey and Matt @ RevXtreme doing some mods i was putting off :hehehe:

So in short....i'm back!! :wavey:

floridaZ 10-05-2008 06:23 PM

I'm still here, for what it's worth. I just don't post much unless I feel like I have something to contribute. And even then I stick to a few basic (non-performance) sections to post in while I read and learn.

It's amazing how much you can do to a car, and not know **** about it. :shrug01:

gmjunkie 10-05-2008 06:46 PM

Things have been dead everywhere!! October Fest here in Old Fort Usually is a Big Deal,People every where!! But this year I didn't see even close the crowed that there has been in the past and the off duty city cops that direct traffic were setting around in lawn chairs eating Pizza,Bratwursts,Foot Long Kraut Dogs,Drinking Cokes and Smoking Cigarettes!!:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::thumbsup:

ynkedad 10-05-2008 07:12 PM

Good to see ya back Chris.:thumbsup:

Btw, did anyone watch the Colts game today?
Anyway, they had an incredible comeback against Houston!!!:dancer01:

Rich Z 10-05-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris308 (Post 71770)
well reasons i have been MIA is 2 fold; 1 i work at Raymond James and lately the financial world has been in the toilet... things at work have been shakey to say the least. Going through reorginaztions and there have even been talks/rumors about outsourcing :ack2:

Which has lead to my second reason, I was in a state of thinking about giving up the vette... looking at my finances and my girlfriends finances and with us wanting to get into our first home i just couldn't see how i could keep the car. Well the gf was seeing what i was going through with car shopping and deciding what to do with the vette i was really depressed at one point :confused: Well we talked and she said i should keep it if it means that much to me and we'll figure something out down the road! :thumbsup:

So at this point i got my second wind so to speak, and am enjoying my vert for a while longer!! :hehehe: I just spent the day yesterday with Tracey and Matt @ RevXtreme doing some mods i was putting off :hehehe:

So in short....i'm back!! :wavey:

Heck, Chris. Don't let go of that girl! Sounds like she is looking out for you. :thumbsup:

Rich Z 10-05-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmjunkie (Post 71773)
Things have been dead everywhere!! October Fest here in Old Fort Usually is a Big Deal,People every where!! But this year I didn't see even close the crowed that there has been in the past and the off city cops that direct traffic were setting around in lawn chairs eating Pizza,Bratwursts,Foot Long Kraut Dogs,Drinking Cokes and Smoking Cigarettes!!:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::thumbsup:

Yeah, I suppose so. But logging into the computer and pecking on the keyboard doesn't use any gasoline...... I can understand people just staying home more these days with the prices of stuff going up every time you turn around. Heck, for that matter, our electric bills have been outrageous lately. Hmm, maybe I answered my own question then. People are shutting off the computers to cut down the electric bill......... :shrug01:

Speaking of which, this beast of a PC I have draws so much power I would probably save a couple hundred dollars a month by not having it on every minute that I am awake. I've tried putting it in sleep mode, but Windoze keeps giving me an error message that a serial port won't allow the computer to go into sleep mode. Unfortunately, I'm NOT using a serial port for anything...... :banghead:

navy2kcoupe 10-05-2008 07:20 PM

LURKER ALERT!:hehehe: LURKER ALERT! :hehehe:
I'm still here, reading the posts and keeping myself informed. Usually check in 2 or 3 times a day, but don't post all that much. Gets kinda depressing, at times, reading the posts about events and not being able to attend them. Pictures help, but I'm contemplating serious meds to get me through the times till the next Florida excursion (WHOOPS-excursion is a FORD term-BAD ANDY! :NoNo::lmao:) Shoulda said "Next Corvette Outing" :yesnod:! Anyway, I'm here.........just lurking........
Andy :wavey:

"Backyard Mechanic" 10-05-2008 07:34 PM

I'm here,Maybe that's why noone else is here:ack2::ack2::lmao::lmao::lmao: