The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road in Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Apalachicola in March 2010 (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36870)

navy2kcoupe 10-14-2009 08:39 PM

Apalachicola in March 2010

OK, here's one for y'all to be thinkin' about.......
Dotty and I are coming to Florida in March 2010 from the 20th thru the 29th.
Since neither of us have ever been to Apalachicola, and since we like to visit
places that we've never been to, we've decided that we ARE going there on
our vacation in March. So......the discussion is officially open. I've talked with
Rich and he said that he would be very interested in hearing more about this,
and Tom Adams has also expressed an interest. Would anyone else like to jump
in and offer suggestions, criticisms, suggested dates, etc.? It's definitely an
overnighter or two for anyone coming from the Tampa area, but for our
"northern Florida" brothers and sisters, it COULD be a day trip! Anyone out there
that's never been to Apalachicola and would like to go? Anyone out there that
HAS been there and would like to go back? Hell, I'll even be glad to hear from
anyone that has been there and doesn't care to go back! March 20 and 21 are
out of the question because of "Corvettes In Venice", but the rest of the dates
are open. Anyone interested ??????? Jump in and put in your 2 cents worth.
And remember.......this is still 5 MONTHS away. Because of the shows on the
weekends, the weekdays seem to be better suited for this type
of activity, even though we know it's harder to attract people on the weekdays.

Andy and Dotty Anderson :wavey::wavey:

Rich Z 10-14-2009 08:57 PM

Just to get you in the mood for a cruise into Apalachicola, here's a video I took of a cruise we did with Cruisin' Corvettes a little while back. You may want to watch it during non prime time, because YouTube when busy gets quite laggy with the videos...

navy2kcoupe 10-14-2009 09:11 PM

Great video! Looks like the weather co-operated too!
Andy

Connie Z 10-14-2009 09:19 PM

Rich and I are always interested in going to Apalach - sometimes we just drive there for a few hours of relaxation. Lots of unique shops, local seafood restaurants, river tours and such. There is also a walking tour - really great older homes. St. George Island is a few minutes away for beachcombing or just walking the beach. Really pretty area.

We are considering attending the Venice show. If the dates work out for Apalachicola, maybe a group could caravan from Venice to Apalach. Just a thought.

navy2kcoupe 10-15-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connie Z (Post 99304)
Rich and I are always interested in going to Apalach - sometimes we just drive there for a few hours of relaxation. Lots of unique shops, local seafood restaurants, river tours and such. There is also a walking tour - really great older homes. St. George Island is a few minutes away for beachcombing or just walking the beach. Really pretty area.

We are considering attending the Venice show. If the dates work out for Apalachicola, maybe a group could caravan from Venice to Apalach. Just a thought.

That would be verrrrrrrrry cool! However........I'm old and need my "bio-breaks"
about every hour give or take, so I would probably slow the caravan down!:rofl1:
Lets see how it plays out, and make a decision a little closer to "show time"
Andy :wavey:

navy2kcoupe 10-15-2009 06:57 AM

By the way, my entrance form for the "Vette-together" went in the mail yesterday.
Andy

Connie Z 10-15-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 99330)
That would be verrrrrrrrry cool! However........I'm old and need my "bio-breaks"
about every hour give or take, so I would probably slow the caravan down!:rofl1:
Lets see how it plays out, and make a decision a little closer to "show time"
Andy :wavey:

We are all old, and getting older by the minute. :lmao: :lmao:

All decisions can be made closer to show time. Let's just throw a lot of ideas out there to see what may work.

thebeepster 10-17-2009 11:31 AM

Sounds like a plan! Count us in this time. We do 99% of our cruising in N. FL., GA, NC & SC. :hehehe:

THOR 10-17-2009 12:34 PM

Sounds like fun. Depending on work schedule and days of the week you want to go, we would like to try this one. Thanks Rich for the video.

Connie Z 10-17-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeepster (Post 99538)
Sounds like a plan! Count us in this time. We do 99% of our cruising in N. FL., GA, NC & SC. :hehehe:

:crazy03: :crazy03: :crazy03: Glad you will make this one!

Also, in the event you want some company on any of your cruises to the Northern areas, make a post! There may be others ready to get out of town.