The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MY 383 Build by Chris Hardwood @ Extreme Motorsports: (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44279)

THUNDER 04-06-2010 06:47 PM

MY 383 Build by Chris Hardwood @ Extreme Motorsports:

I am so very pleased to announce:

Next week Chris out @ Extreme will be getting started on my 383 build. He will be pulling my L-98 350 and gutting it. The block and heads will head off to the machine shot.

Recently I had the 700-r4 completely rebuilt Bullet proof style with a shift kit. I updated the 1700 stall to a 2200 stall converter.

The 383 build up on my 87 c-4 that I recently had for sale. But after some time and 3 buyers backing out I decided to go ahead and finish what I started. Most of my new guts will be coming from summit racing. A list will be added as it’s available. I will be documenting everything and posting when I can. Notes and pic's when available.

The new upgraded Tranny paired with an upgraded power plant should not only add many years of enjoyment but also add a custom touch and a little more value to my 78,000 mile 1987 c-4. Dyno and toning specs along with pic’s and commentary will be added thru the build process.

Thunder

gsdave 04-06-2010 07:49 PM

What are your plans/goals? Should be fun when finished.

THUNDER 04-06-2010 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well first was the trany since i had trouble with it on the way home from my honeymoon. was just gunna sell it but then i snapped a ring on the number 7 cylinder. well i wont sell anything thats broke. so after a few convos with chris desided to have him go ahead with the 383. Goals lol keep up with rich z when i go on my first cruse lol. i may not be able to pass him but i will ride the hell out of his rear bumper. for now just do the build and after the toon and dyno go from there. hope to have everything completed in a few weeks. that includes sending my injectors off and the 2 or three trips to the machine shop for boring, cleaning and balanceing.

we will be cleaning up the engine compartment mean time. hopefully upgradeing shocks and brakes.

some of the list:

eagle 383 rotating assemble
3.75 stroke crank
Forged pistons, rings and bearings
Compatition valve job.

more to come alot more::: here you find chris and i my weding day oct24th 2009 this will be my starting pic. Notice the rocker pannel lol. When you see me in the rearview dont blink i wont be there long.

chris308 04-06-2010 08:41 PM

Sweet you have a picture of a wedding that hasn't happened yet!! :D

Good luck with your build! :thumbsup:

THUNDER 04-06-2010 08:42 PM

date adjusted. thanks for catching it.

Rich Z 04-07-2010 12:20 AM

Should be a fun and exciting time for you. Just don't get anything built by World Products and maybe your build will go lock clock work.... :thumbsup:

Chis needs to hurry this along because my engine should be in his shop by the end of this month. :hehehe:

As far as keeping up with me, heck that won't be hard to do. I'm assuming your car will do the speed limit along with mine.... :lmao:

THUNDER 04-07-2010 12:56 AM

lol rich yes mine does the speed limit with exstreme pred. ( aggressively)

Shadow 04-07-2010 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDER (Post 112094)
...more to come alot more::: here you find chris and i my weding day oct24th 2009 this will be my starting pic. Notice the rocker pannel lol. When you see me in the rearview dont blink i wont be there long.

So, which one of you is the blushing bride?:lmao:(sorry dude-couldn't resist the set up:thumbsup:)

Should be a great build:thumbsup:

navy2kcoupe 04-07-2010 07:09 AM

AHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!
Another guy "married to his Vette". :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:
The "bride" even wore white for the occassion! :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Couldn't resist that one! Good luck with the build of the 383. I've
had a chance to see some "383's" and they all appear to be a
wicked combo. Hope your's turns out better than you hope for.
Andy. :wavey:

THUNDER 04-09-2010 11:53 PM

well the 383 will be better matched to mt bullet proof trany then the 350. now i am glad i went from a stock 1700 stall to a 2300stall.