The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Windshield decal removal (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44454)

vett boy 04-11-2010 03:43 PM

Windshield decal removal

It was a cling on decal that I removed .No problem but it left red letters on the inside of my windshield .I'm considering ,nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol ?Any thoughts.?????

Shadow 04-11-2010 05:03 PM

Klingon huh?

Kaplah! Maybe?

On a more serious note....I'd probably try 409 or Windex with amonia first since it's glass.

If not, then go with the nail polish remover for it's acetone base.

vett boy 04-11-2010 07:25 PM

[quote=Shadow;112413

If not, then go with the nail polish remover for it's acetone base.[/QUOTE]

Tried Fantastic and 409 with no results.I'm concerned about the factory tint .Since I'm going for the rugged stuff I've decided to remove the windshield so as not to damage the dash and surrounding area.:lmao:

gmjunkie 04-11-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 112423)
Tried Fantastic and 409 with no results.I'm concerned about the factory tint .Since I'm going for the rugged stuff I've decided to remove the windshield so as not to damage the dash and surrounding area.:lmao:

If thats a Corvette Valley or Corvettes Anonymous Decal,use just a little mineral spirits on a soft cloth!:thumbsup:

:D

Shadow 04-11-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmjunkie (Post 112425)
If thats a Corvette Valley or Corvettes Anonymous Decal,use just a little mineral spirits on a soft cloth!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Thats what I was thinking with the polish remover....ascetone.

Did you try WIndex with amonia?
Shouldn't harm anything and might work.

vett boy 04-11-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmjunkie (Post 112425)
If thats a Corvette Valley use just a little mineral spirits on a soft cloth!:thumbsup:

Thats the one .It still has "Corvette " in red letters.I wanted to mail it to Speedie.:hehehe:

C5Rick 04-12-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 112423)

I would take the dash out over windshield removal. I'm always afraid of dropping and cracking the glass.

vett boy 04-12-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Rick (Post 112471)
I would take the dash out over windshield removal. I'm always afraid of dropping and cracking the glass.

To late I've removed the windshield and shipped it UPS to Junkie ,ya see he was the one that installed the sticker in the first place.

It all's working out fine ,when I drive it the glass looks really clean .The only issue was I accidentally turned on the wipers and got a bloody nose .

Seriously the mineral spirits worked fine.:D Thanks all

Shadow 04-13-2010 06:04 AM

:thumbsup: