The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Winter weather... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102989)

Rich Z 11-13-2014 07:49 PM

Winter weather...

Forecast is calling for lows in the mid 20s here in north Florida for Tuesday and Wednesday night. Rats.... Guess we're going to have to cover some plants already.

85vette 11-13-2014 08:22 PM

Seems kind of early for this, or is it just me?

Rich Z 11-13-2014 08:24 PM

Cold weather is ALWAYS too early for me..... :thumbsdown:

vett boy 11-14-2014 07:11 AM

It got down to 32 degrees last night and a dusting of light snow which has already melting .Of coarse I'm in Maine and should expect a little cold and snow .

I'm on a 5 year plan (used up 1 already) to move but I'd hate to move to Florida only to freeze my azz off .That said I'm looking hard at Key Largo $$$$$ and KissME $$.My goal was to semi retire as Dopey at Disney or a shark wrestler off the Keys .

LEJ ZO6 11-14-2014 08:11 AM

Any place south of Sarasota should be O.K.

We're just north of Tampa and we get frost a couple of times each winter.

vett boy 11-14-2014 08:56 AM

I was born in Pomona Park which is directly east of Gainsville and it was very rare to have a frost and had to protect the small Orange grove .I don't remember getting really uncomfortable in the summer either and we had no AC .Memory is a little foggy as I was shipped north when I was 3 months old .Grandfather was an active member of the KKK and didn't want me growing up in the south .

The family owned farms and groves in Homestead ,Pomona park and south of Sebring .The Grove south of Sebring was huge by 1950's standards and nothing but dirt roads and a house that looked like a place Dracula would hang out .

The last of the properties was sold off in the late 60's except the farm portion of Homestead which was donated to the State of Maine as a research facility .

I can almost say I'm one of the few Native Floridians :D

Rich Z 11-14-2014 09:24 AM

I think the closer you are to a fair sized body of water, the more moderate the overall temperatures will be.

Cor66Vette 11-14-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 189382)
I'm on a 5 year plan (used up 1 already) to move but I'd hate to move to Florida only to freeze my azz off .That said I'm looking hard at Key Largo $$$$$ and KissME $$.My goal was to semi retire as Dopey at Disney or a shark wrestler off the Keys .

I'd go with the shark wrestler. :yesnod: Too many "dopeys" in FL as it is. :eek:

vett boy 11-14-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cor66Vette (Post 189389)
I'd go with the shark wrestler. :yesnod: Too many "dopeys" in FL as it is. :eek:

I've spent a lot of time diving in the Keys but still haven't met a shark but I've been told that ya can grab 'em by the tail flip 'em on their backs rub the tummy and they purr like a cat .:shrug01::shrug01:

Cor66Vette 11-14-2014 01:59 PM