The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Corvette Concepts. (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124)

jonnyboy 11-10-2006 08:39 PM

Corvette Concepts.

thought i would speak out. nice guys, and they hav good and bad work. i recently started working at an auto shop and brought the vette in for a tune up. discoverd why my brakes were heating up enough to make the paint peel....the rotors were on back words. not letting air into them to cool them down. and i had to pull my stereo to check my antenna wire that was never pluged back in and found that no screws were reinstalled into my head unit after they pulled the dash apart. but im some wut ok with this, becuz it was all found before ne thing needed to be replaced. but i would recomend staying away from them unless u want ur baby torn apart and half a$$ed together. and it also doesnt bother me becuz after we found they lied to us, and held the vette for a month longer then we were told. we never paid them r final check. and they were smart enough not to call for it. so just my 2 cents on them.

9T8Vette 11-10-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyboy
thought i would speak out. nice guys, and they hav good and bad work. i recently started working at an auto shop and brought the vette in for a tune up. discoverd why my brakes were heating up enough to make the paint peel....the rotors were on back words. not letting air into them to cool them down. and i had to pull my stereo to check my antenna wire that was never pluged back in and found that no screws were reinstalled into my head unit after they pulled the dash apart. but im some wut ok with this, becuz it was all found before ne thing needed to be replaced. but i would recomend staying away from them unless u want ur baby torn apart and half a$$ed together. and it also doesnt bother me becuz after we found they lied to us, and held the vette for a month longer then we were told. we never paid them r final check. and they were smart enough not to call for it. so just my 2 cents on them.

Jon i remember you tellin me about the car being at their shop for a xtra month.:banghead: It's dam shame that you must baby set some of these shops.I just had new tires install on those wheels i bought from you today.I stay there while they install them and still some how they found a way to add some Nics to the wheels.:mad: But nothing perfect in this wacky a$$ world:crazy03:

ynkedad 11-11-2006 08:16 AM

Appreciate the heads up.

Not that i'd be in that area for work to be done, but I do believe i'd stay clear from them.:thumbsup:

JIM KILL 11-12-2006 06:42 AM

CORVETTE CONCEPTS

I ASSUME YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT "JAKE" IN SARASOTA.

http://www.corvetteconcepts.com/

HE HAS DONE WORK ON MY CAR AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PLEASED WITH HIS WORK. HE DEALS IN PERFORMANCE UPGRADES BEST!:thumbsup:

HE WILL BE AT THE "UCP" AND I THINK YOU SHOULD DISCUSS YOUR ISSUES WITH HIM FACE TO FACE. I AM NOT DEFENDING HIM..BUT HE SHOULD KNOW YOUR DISPLEASURE....THAT'S HOW I LEARN THINGS IN MY BUSINESS!!:D

GIVE HIM ANOTHER SHOT....AFTER YOUR DISCUSSION!!:rolleyes:

zzzona 11-12-2006 09:21 AM

I had them install my headers, and I know several people from the "Tampa Bay Posse" who have also had work done by Jake and Brian..I have not heard any complaints about the quality of their work...I know they run a clean shop, and your car will be treated as if it was one of theirs. Jake has..lets say a very strong personality...:rolleyes: Like Mr. Kill said,, you need to talk to them yourself.......
Dave...........

Shadow 11-12-2006 10:02 AM

I agree with Jim. You can't fix something you don't know is broken. I'd much rather have a client come to me and tell me of a problem than:

1- Have them tell everyone else first
2- Leave and go elsewhere
3- Have them pissed off.

Talk to him. If he blows you off, then you know the problem, post it here, and we can all avoid his shop;)

If he is stand up about it, post it here and we can all support him:)

ynkedad 11-12-2006 01:00 PM

Good Point!:thumbsup:

Z06 Rocket 11-13-2006 01:01 AM

He will blow you off.................Thats just him. Hit the nail on the head.

TyZtoy 11-13-2006 09:49 AM

I know them very well and had some bolt on and cosmetic work done by them with my C5. Corvette Concepts have done a LOT of work on C5's over the years. Just like anyone in business, you will sooner or later make mistakes and have un-satisfied customers. Jake is a business man and will do what he can to make it right, IF He is made aware of it.

You should give him an opportunity to resolve the issue. It usually comes down to a lack of communication in most cases. Brian..the son, is the muscle behind the major work. He will probably be there and you should talk to him as well. Jake and Brian has been around and they would want to make it right.

:thumbsup:

Ty

JIM KILL 11-13-2006 12:12 PM

"THE FIX"

I TALKED WITH "JAKE" TODAY AND HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT..:shrug01: ..THERE IS ANOTHER CORVETTE CONCEPTS IN MIAMI ....:thumbsdown: ....AND IT COULD BE THEM. HE IS MORE THAN WILLING TO DISCUSS AND CORRECT ANY ISSUE A CLIENT HAS WITH HIM. JUST GIVE HIM A CALL.:thumbsup:

http://www.corvetteconcepts.com