The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Vette Insurance ? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2235)

Classy 03-14-2007 06:50 PM

Vette Insurance ?

Does anyone have a seperate policy for the Vette?What I mean,do you have your Vette with your other cars from the same company?I was wondering if it worth putting the Vette on a policy from a separete company?Like a company like Lelandwest.com or companys that only deals with sports or collector cars?:shrug01:

Mark Dalton 03-14-2007 08:51 PM

I've got both cars with the same company but separate policies. The muti-car discount is worth about $70 off the 'vette premium, and $56 off the other cars premium.

2Vettes 03-14-2007 09:44 PM

All cars and home are with the same company here

ynkedad 03-14-2007 09:57 PM

same here..

I just have lost of coverage...just in case.:thumbsup:

98 softtail 03-14-2007 10:18 PM

Classy, I have State Farm for my Home and Vehicles. I guess because I have everything with them I get great rates. My Vette insuance is the same as my 1994 F-150. Full Comp w/250 deductible.

Classy 03-15-2007 05:48 PM

I have notice something about these places for Sport cars and they limit you on your miles per year you can drive,That maybe fine for somepeople,but for me I bought the car to drive it and I don't want to limit my miles.I guess I'll just stick with my insurance company.Thanks for the info though.:thumbsup:

bsb1946 07-14-2007 12:54 AM

about insurance

I have My Vette and truck on the same policy with Allstate and am happy with the rate and coverage (app $2k annually with full coverage including uninsured motorist, high limits, $500 ded). Your situation depends on the number of vehicles and the age of the drivers who show your address on their licenses. (those college kids in Michigan still count towards your premium). You may want to check out Grundy.com as I think that they do not have a mileage requirement. Your "collector car" must not be your prime vehicle and there are a few other requirements as this is an "agreed value" type of policy. Another is Haggerty.com.

CREWZIN 07-14-2007 09:11 AM

I have the wife's car and my daily driver plus home insured with AARP (The Hartford). Used to have the Vette with them also and thought I was getting a good deal. Heard about American Collectors Insurance, Inc. from one of the Corvette forums and called them. Switched over just the Vette and for about half the price I was paying to The Hartford. Full agreed $12K coverage, allowed 5K miles per year; $259.00

85vette 07-14-2007 09:49 AM

We're all getting the shaft here in Florida when it comes to insurance. My insurance company, Allstate, has a website you can use to "shop" for insurance and you don't have to give your personal info (social security #, address, etc). You just type in the zip code and you get "average rates". I got an estimate for my zip code that was $1170.00 for 6 months, and then I used my wife's Dad's zip in North Carolina. $760.00 for 6 months! I guess we're paying for Hurricanes one way or another. And, yes, I get the Hurricane surcharge on my auto insurance also. :shrug01:

C5Rick 07-14-2007 10:41 AM

When I moved to Florida I had a Chevy Lumina and a F250. When I switched insurance, same company, the rates increased 80%.
Now I have a Buick and Vette on the same policy. It has gone down over the past couple of years. When I added the Vette to the policy I dropped a Ranger from the policy. The Vette change increased my rate 5%.