The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hot..... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114115)

Rich Z 07-12-2018 01:21 PM

Hot.....

Damn.... I know I should go over to the garage and try to figure out where that low speed clicking noise is coming from on the C5Z, but right now it's 91 degrees outside, and according to my thermometer, feels like 108 degrees. Inside the garage, it is probably 107 degrees and feels like 130 degrees. I do have a small air conditioner over there, but it just barely takes the edge off of the heat inside. It's not designed for that large of a building.

I just can't get motivated to go out into the heat lately. At least not anything more than just walking around without actually doing something strenuous, but even then I get drenched in sweat. I don't remember ever minding the heat as much as I do this year. The humidity is around 71 percent so it's not really as bad as it has been when we were getting rain every day.

Guess I'm just getting old.....

85vette 07-12-2018 06:53 PM

…..and that's why I'm moving north.....

Rich Z 07-12-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85vette (Post 204592)
…..and that's why I'm moving north.....

When and where?

85vette 07-12-2018 07:44 PM

Maybe eastern Tennessee. Not set in stone yet. I have a daughter that's moving possibly to Nashville. Waiting to see where one of my son's gets stationed too. We want to be more centrally located so we wouldn't have so far to travel to see our family. Most everyone in my family lives on the east coast too.

Rich Z 07-12-2018 07:50 PM

Well, I understand, but hate to see you leave. You are one of the few people remaining who still post here.

85vette 07-12-2018 09:20 PM

I'll still post here. You were my neighbor for a while. Somebody has to check up on you every now and then!
Me and my wife are just looking forward to living somewhere with more than two seasons. This heat just takes the fun out of the outdoors for me and I've always been an outdoors person.

Rich Z 07-12-2018 10:54 PM

Well, hope you still stick around.

I know I am complaining about the heat, but I really hate cold a lot more than I hate heat. Maybe this retired life is just making me lazy and I am coming up with excuses to not work. :hehehe:

CHASZ51 07-13-2018 06:35 AM

I hate the heat more and more each year. No crazy high temps here yet, but no rain in over a week also.

mrr23 07-13-2018 05:37 PM

i'll take heat over snow any day

navy2kcoupe 07-13-2018 08:07 PM

Gimmie the snow! You can always put on more clothes or blankets, but when you get down to the ole birthday suit, and are STILL hot, there ain't a whole lot more that you can take off! :hehehe::hehehe::hehehe: I, also, am one of those people that likes the 4 seasons. About the only thing I don't like about wintering in the Northeast, is having to drive behind someone that's never seen (or been driving in) the snow! :face_palm_02:
Andy :wavey: