The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Well, THAT was certainly different..... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9546)

Rich Z 11-28-2007 05:20 PM

Well, THAT was certainly different.....

Well, THAT was REAL different....

I heard the driveway alarm go off, so I walked on down towards the mailbox to see what was going on. As I turned the bend to the left, I spotted what I thought were the legs and trunk of someone standing in the driveway. The thing that puzzled me was how black and furry that body was. I didn't get more than just that glimpse because it shot off into the woods before I could shout anything other than "HEY!"

I thought pretty certainly that I had seen a black bear up close, but in thinking about it, those hind legs just seemed too long. I looked up some pics of standing black bears on the web and those legs in the pics just seem way shorter and stubbier than what I saw. They looked much more like human legs to me, but more uniform in diameter, cylindrical, and stockier than a human's. I would say they were probably as long as my own legs, proportionally. Unfortunately I didn't actually see it's head, as it was obscured by a low hanging branch closer to me, and I wasn't really inclined to chase it into the woods. I walked down to look for tracks but all I saw were a pair of claw marks from the left foot and what looked like the forefront of the right foot where it apparently had dug in to sprint into the woods. I wasn't making any particular efforts to be quiet, so I really don't know why I was able to get as close as I did to it.

Heck, beats the heck out of me. I was sure it was a black bear until I started looking at photographs online. The legs on them just don't look like what I saw. Now I just don't know........

CHASZ51 11-28-2007 06:08 PM

Maybe it was a young bigfoot.

ynkedad 11-28-2007 07:00 PM

That is weird!!! Probably a good thing ya didn't chase after it too.:thumbsup:
Also a good thing you're a GUN nutt!:D

Rich Z 11-28-2007 07:14 PM

Yeah.... I was quite startled when I saw what looked like someone standing in my driveway. I couldn't figure out why he was wearing pants covered with glossy black hair....... :rolleyes: I guess it had to be a bear, but it wasn't like I would have expected one to look like. It actually looked more like someone DRESSED up to look like a bear. Wish I had gotten a look at the head and upper body, though. This is probably going to puzzle the heck out of me.............

"Backyard Mechanic" 11-28-2007 07:16 PM

I saw the same thing right after I ate a handful of paintchips:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Attachment 1966

als2052 11-28-2007 07:44 PM

Sounds like you need to set up some automatic wildlife cameras around your place or replace the driveway alarm with some automatic 50mm cannons...

Let us know if the wooly beast returns...Backyard Mechanic and myself are willing to set up some tree stands on you property and stalk the beast...

CHASZ51 11-28-2007 07:44 PM

Maybe it was a skunk ape well north of its normal range.

chris308 11-28-2007 07:49 PM

el chuppacabbra

"Backyard Mechanic" 11-28-2007 08:07 PM

Attachment 1967

Mark Dalton 11-28-2007 08:52 PM

Well, I was trying to think of something funny to say but DAYUM!:eek: I bet you'll be looking over your shoulder for a while Rich.

BTW BM, where did you get a pic of my ex-girlfriend?:D