The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   NPP in a box stopped working (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113494)

CHASZ51 05-06-2018 12:28 PM

NPP in a box stopped working

Not sure what is going on. Lines all seem to be in place. Red light comes on when i use the remote.

Rich Z 05-06-2018 04:01 PM

Isn't that attached to the fuse box? Seems to me I played around with just removing the fuse to see what the exhaust sounded like in bypass mode. So perhaps the fuse blew?

Who installed it for you or was that a DIY project?

CHASZ51 05-06-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 203812)
Isn't that attached to the fuse box? Seems to me I played around with just removing the fuse to see what the exhaust sounded like in bypass mode. So perhaps the fuse blew?

Who installed it for you or was that a DIY project?

Greg did at Anitvenom last May. Sometimes the one hose comes off the left muff whenever i drive over 100 mph and i have to slip it back on but that is not the problem. Hoses are on the NPP box and on the Intake. The remote seems to work as the red light comes on then i press it. Maybe the y splitter somewhere under the back is the problem and one of the hoses came off.

Mine stays open most of the time but sometime i like it with less sound,. I have no cats at all and it is loud when i get on it. Could be a fuse. I know he ran the wire from the NPP box to the fuse box.

Rich Z 05-07-2018 05:44 PM

Hopefully you can figure it out and fix it without a trip to Greg's place.

Besides, I'm hoping he can clear his workload a bit so I can run the C5Z down to him. :hehehe:

CHASZ51 05-07-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 203823)
Hopefully you can figure it out and fix it without a trip to Greg's place.

Besides, I'm hoping he can clear his workload a bit so I can run the C5Z down to him. :hehehe:

It started working on it's own today. Beats me what is going on. He is very busy. He has some stuff to do on my car when he has time.

Rich Z 05-07-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51 (Post 203825)
It started working on it's own today. Beats me what is going on. He is very busy. He has some stuff to do on my car when he has time.

I would look for a bad solder joint, bad ground, or abraded wire somewhere. Something seems to be not making a solid contact which is separating or shorting intermittently. But yeah, such things can be a bear to track down most of the time.

Yeah, Greg tells me he has 6 projects to clear off of his plate before he can take on my car. I'm probably not going to be driving the car at all till I take it down to his shop. I don't want to push my luck.

85vette 05-07-2018 09:52 PM

Have you considered renting a UHaul trailer to get it there? Might be a better choice than taking a chance of catastrophic failure?

Rich Z 05-08-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85vette (Post 203832)
Have you considered renting a UHaul trailer to get it there? Might be a better choice than taking a chance of catastrophic failure?

I've got the AAA Plus membership which allows me up to four 100 mile tows per year. The distance from my house to Greg's shop is between 250 and 300 miles, depending on which roads I would take. If I were to have a failure, and I was not within 100 miles, I would try to negotiate with AAA to use up one or two more of my allotted tows in order to have them tow me the remaining distance. Heck, I've had AAA for a few decades and have only used their services perhaps two times, maybe, in all that time. So I would hope they would work with me.