The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Forum Screen Saver (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696)

RocketSled 08-28-2006 07:43 PM

Forum Screen Saver

Some of you may know me from the Z06 forum. I did a bunch of screen savers for the C5 Z06, all the colors, and recently another for the C6Z06. Anyway, I've recently joined up here. I found myself with nothing to do this weekend, so I made a screen saver for this site. Besides the animation, I've also written the software. It's malware-free, but you should be running virus software anyway.

You can grab a copy here:

Corvette Florida Screen Saver

Here's a frame from the animation.

http://www.cdgstudios.com/images/image1.gif

SRQC5 08-28-2006 08:00 PM

cool screensaver. for some reason i had trouble installing it at first but eventually figured it out.

Thanks

Adam:wavey:

EMS19 08-28-2006 08:01 PM

That is beautiful! Thank you:thumbsup: Hopefully I can return the favor someday. Thanks again

Mark Dalton 08-28-2006 08:50 PM

Very cool. Thanks!:thumbsup:

MADN3SS 08-29-2006 09:27 AM

You are the man! That is really cool.

I see you switched your sig to the appropriate gray background. Looks better! :thumbsup:

RocketSled 08-29-2006 07:57 PM

Glad you all like it. My pleasure. It's like building a ship model in a bottle, kind of. Theraputic.

MADN3SS, yeah, I redid the rendering on a dark grey background. Looks much better now, eh?

Rich Z 08-29-2006 09:50 PM

Well I guess I'm going to have to stop being a weenie and try this thing. I really never run executables off of the web, so I will be breaking a cardinal rule here. :eek:

And unless anyone has any objections, I would like to move this thread into the feedback forum. Maybe even sticky it at the top so people can find it easier.

Thanks!

MADN3SS 08-30-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well I guess I'm going to have to stop being a weenie and try this thing. I really never run executables off of the web, so I will be breaking a cardinal rule here. :eek:

And unless anyone has any objections, I would like to move this thread into the feedback forum. Maybe even sticky it at the top so people can find it easier.

Thanks!

It's cool Rich. Stop being a weenie!

RocketSled 08-30-2006 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z

Thanks!

Personal assurances are cheap. For Trust, the coin of the realm is built on having a history. No history = assurances have no value.

You have no history with me, so believe me, I understand your reluctance. And when it comes down to playing it safe, you can't lose if you refuse to play. That's why I also recommend a Virus Checker. It gives me credibility. If I were smart enough to write code that could fool an up-to-date Checker like McAfee or Trend or Norton, I'd damn sure find a better way to distribute it than trying to trick a few Forum Members in to loading it, especially when my email address is on record at the Forum!

I wrote the code myself, from scratch, and it only does one thing, be a screensaver. While I haven't made much money at it, it is designed as a real commercial product and I have even sold some licenses to actual businesses (with their logo artwork, of course).

Honest, provided you load it from a trusted location (like my web site or this forum) it's in it's original unmodified form and there's nothing to worry about!

And so... did you try it, Rich?

mdickie 08-31-2006 11:20 AM

Awesome screensave Rocket, another great job my friend...

Mark