The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   aligned my car today (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260)

FourG63 97GST 06-03-2006 06:53 PM

aligned my car today

its has 35k on it, thought it was about that time and I lowered it about 3 weeks prior. what a pain in the ass. first task is getting it on the alignment rack when so little ground clearance. had to construct all sorts of ramps and bridges :banghead:

but what suprised was how much bad my Toe was, and it wasnt even that noticable when driving.
I was like -1.58 on one side an like +.58 on the other when total suppose to be +.08

thought of the day, get your car aligned yearly, specially when tires are $300+a pop

Rich Z 06-04-2006 02:43 AM

Yeah, I had to put new tires on my Z back in October right after I bought it and had it 4 wheel aligned then. With the price of tires, yeah, it's a pretty sound policy. The guy said the alignment was pretty much dead on.

When I bought the car, the weasel I bought it from had swapped out the Z06wheels and tires for C5s with bald spots on the front inside edges. I didn't know enough about Corvettes to know the difference, and he specifically said those wheels were "more expensive options" for the Z06. So I drove all the way from Ft. Lauderdale to Tallahassee on those unsafe tires. He HAD to know about them and knew about the long drive I had ahead of me. Those inside edges of the front tires were nearly impossible to see without actually looking for that problem. Never trust a used car salesman, especially from New York. :mad:

MADN3SS 06-04-2006 08:12 AM

I really need to get mine aligned as well. I will be doing it in the next few weeks. I'll post the numbers when I get it done.

c5inparadise 06-04-2006 08:21 AM

After I lowered my vette and drove about 400 miles, I had a 4-wheel allignment done. The tech said it was barely off in the front, but better to have it done than ruin tires, although I'm still running runflats. I plan on upgrading the rims and tires shorlty and most likely will have the allignment done again.

Billjax 06-07-2006 08:14 PM

Where do you take your cars for this type of alignment? Dealer, chain store??

FourG63 97GST 06-07-2006 08:56 PM

anywhere you can get your alignment specs printed out. that way your know its done right.
I did mine at the dealer. most dealers will have upto date specs and equipment

gmjunkie 02-19-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billjax (Post 2737)
Where do you take your cars for this type of alignment? Dealer, chain store??

I do mine myself!!:thumbsup:

als2052 02-19-2008 10:00 AM

My dealer charged $99 for 4 wheel alignment...

fletcher4u 02-19-2008 10:48 AM

:thumbsup: Way to go Junk I used to do mine tell a friend ran over my tram rod and killed it

gmjunkie 02-19-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fletcher4u (Post 51681)
:thumbsup: Way to go Junk I used to do mine tell a friend ran over my tram rod and killed it

Mine are home made out of Electrical Conduit!!:thumbsup: