The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette (and more!) Videos (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   corvette burnout gone bad (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56167)

Rich Z 02-27-2011 06:51 PM

corvette burnout gone bad

:lmao:

fletcher4u 02-27-2011 07:07 PM

Oops

navy2kcoupe 02-27-2011 07:14 PM

Never saw the rear wheels spin. Looks like he m-i-g-h-t be in the market for a whole new clutch assembly. If that had happened to me, it never would have made it to you tube. I would have taken the camera away from the photographer if necessary! :hehehe:
Andy :wavey:

Rich Z 02-27-2011 08:14 PM

I wonder how he did that? Partially depressing the clutch pedal? Or maybe a clutch already on the way out?

chris308 02-27-2011 08:21 PM

not turning off TC :shrug01:

Rich Z 02-27-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris308 (Post 133018)
not turning off TC :shrug01:

I thought that would reduce engine power?

I've never done a burnout like that before, as I couldn't see just eating up my rear tires. What exactly does someone have to do in a case like this to do a stationary burnout? I'm guessing you have to apply the brakes, which seems to me SOMETHING has to give.... :shrug01: Seems to me it would be hard on the clutch and the brakes as well as the tires.

Bob K 02-27-2011 11:19 PM

It's called a line lock that holds the front brakes only when the button is pushed.

I have seen this video before and it's just a few dumb asses that don't have a clue. The guy obviously had a bad clutch and then he proceeded to destroy it. During this time his buddies just watched and one filmed it and no one said a word to him that maybe he should quit cause the tires weren't spinning as he thought.

If T/C is on, normally the car just bogs and will not spin the tires.

Rich Z 02-27-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 133028)
It's called a line lock that holds the front brakes only when the button is pushed.

This is not something a stock car is going to have, so without it, what did he do? Hold down the brake pedal?

Bob K 02-27-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 133030)
This is not something a stock car is going to have, so without it, what did he do? Hold down the brake pedal?

I know a hundred Vette drivers that have them. They're used at the drag strip so you can heat the drag radials. It is possible to apply brake pressure to get the rears spinning but I don't see much of that.

Rich Z 02-27-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 133032)
I know a hundred Vette drivers that have them. They're used at the drag strip so you can heat the drag radials. It is possible to apply brake pressure to get the rears spinning but I don't see much of that.

100? Must be more of them out there than I thought, then.... I've not run into anyone myself that has mentioned having a line lock on their otherwise stock car.