The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvettes Anonymous (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   RUN FOR THE HORSES! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13322)

MMC5 02-25-2008 09:51 PM

RUN FOR THE HORSES!

We’ve been trying to put this together for four years and we finally have it booked! :dancer01:

So join us for Corvettes Anonymous’
RUN FOR THE HORSES!

On Saturday, March 8th, we will be cruising to Myakka to see the Royal Lipizzan Stallions. This is a “work out” session so admission is free. Even so, if you feel you had a good time, donations are encouraged.

Because this is a booked event, it is important to have an idea of the number attending, so please RSVP. :ack2:

EVERYONE IS :welcome:

Wouldn’t it be cool to roll in with 50 – 75 Vettes!
How much horsepower could that be??? :thumbsup:

We will have a dedicated parking area. Herrman’s has a concession trailer (hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, soda, lemonade, water, etc. - just the basics). However, for those who want to join us afterward, we will head over to the Linger Lodge for a little Road Kill Lunch.

We need to be @ Herrman's by 0930 so we have 2 meeting points.

1. For those in Pinellas (or who wish to come over the bridge) we will LEAVE the Skyway Bridge N Rest Stop @ 0745

2. For those in Hillsboro or points further S, we will meet at the Lowe’s in the N.W Corner of I-75 & Hwy 70 (Oneco Myakka City Rd)

If you are coming from the Pinellas side of the bay, we will LEAVE the N Skyway Rest Stop at 0745 to meet the rest of the group at Lowe’s in Bradenton.

If you are coming from Hillsboro and points South, we will LEAVE Lowe’s at 0845.

Did I mention RSVP? Please let me know one way or the other, whether or not you plan to attend. :shrug01:

Hope to see you on the 8th! :yesnod:

T:wavey:m

C5Rick 02-26-2008 06:41 PM

Vicki and I shall be partaking in this adventure and lunch. That roadkill blueplate is to die for :thumbsup:

C5Rick 02-26-2008 06:47 PM

Wanted to add:
Everyone is invited! You do not have to be a member of Corvettes Anonymous or any other club.
Heck, Tom says you don't even have to own a Vette to go on these cruises, through there are some stipulations. We had a, cough cough ,Miata on our last adventure, cough :ack2: :eek: :shrug01: ;)

als2052 02-26-2008 08:01 PM

Had it not been for Ecklers on that day, we would have made the trip. Next time...
Armando

MMC5 02-26-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by als2052 (Post 52436)
Had it not been for Ecklers on that day, we would have made the trip. Next time...
Armando

Eckler's Schmetler's! You can go there next year! :lmao:

Miata, you gotta be kiddin! But there was a beautiful red one who politely let all the Chicklets lead the way. :thumbsup:

So, Mr. Rick is wright! Anybody who wants to see these incredible stallions is more than welcome!

T:thumbsup:M

MMC5 03-05-2008 07:50 PM

:dancer01: Looks like we have 25 - 30 confirmed!

Anyone that would like to go is more than :welcome:

Hope to see you Saturday!

T:wavey:M

Dick 03-05-2008 08:54 PM

what time were people meeting at SR 70?

C5Rick 03-05-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick (Post 53282)
what time were people meeting at SR 70?

I believe it says they are leaving Lowes at 8:45 AM. I'll be there early for a coffee. I'll be parking in the LOWES lot behind Starbucks.

Dick 03-05-2008 09:12 PM

damn i breezed right past that:banghead:

C5Rick 03-09-2008 08:54 AM

Had a great time time at the show and lunch.
I know I have to get a GPS system now :lmao: