The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance Tuning (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Im In a bind and need help. (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20297)

03blackZ06 09-18-2008 05:10 PM

Im In a bind and need help.

I bought a fast intake mani and an ls2 90mm throttoe body and i brought ny stuff to the tuner today and we noticed a hold (drilled about 1/8 inch) into the throttle body plate (flap). I was wondering can We use this or do i need to find a new plate or throttle body some how?
Its for my procharged and cammed 03 z06
Thanks mike

MRS. XTREME 09-18-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03blackZ06 (Post 70331)
I bought a fast intake mani and an ls2 90mm throttoe body and i brought ny stuff to the tuner today and we noticed a hold (drilled about 1/8 inch) into the throttle body plate (flap). I was wondering can We use this or do i need to find a new plate or throttle body some how?
Its for my procharged and cammed 03 z06
Thanks mike

No you do not need a new one, it will be fine , if they sold it to you as "new" though then they mis-led you, they do not come this way.
That is a trick (the drilling of the holes) that people use when they do not know much about tuning to get the car to start and idle correctly its a way of allowing more air into the engine.
But hey ask around Im just a "girl" most guys dont take what I say seriously.

Jake_Dragon 03-14-2009 09:47 PM

Did they sell it to you as a new part?

You can try it, if it idles too high you may have to find a plate without a hole in it.

grumpyvette 03-18-2009 07:34 PM

you can always tig weld the hole shut and grind it smooth "good as new"

if you have a problem, see I keep telling you guys/gals having a couple decent welders comes in handy:thumbsup:

03blackZ06 03-18-2009 09:36 PM

bringing back from the dead. i ordered a new flange and replaced it. good to go.

dvdcta 03-19-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpyvette (Post 85565)
you can always tig weld the hole shut and grind it smooth "good as new"

if you have a problem, see I keep telling you guys/gals having a couple decent welders comes in handy:thumbsup:

I'M a firm believer in that !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pmj341 07-03-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME (Post 70336)
No you do not need a new one, it will be fine , if they sold it to you as "new" though then they mis-led you, they do not come this way.
That is a trick (the drilling of the holes) that people use when they do not know much about tuning to get the car to start and idle correctly its a way of allowing more air into the engine.
But hey ask around Im just a "girl" most guys dont take what I say seriously.

We do take some girls a little more serious than others, but you're right on!!
the startup airflow and airflow min tables have to be changed a lot when a cam is installed, or Int/Exh headers/CAI.
The hole should be pluged, or if you can get a refund, do it.
The tuner can get around the hole.:yesnod: