The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A question for the LEO's on the forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309)

Zach 06-12-2006 09:32 AM

A question for the LEO's on the forum

Today I bought a new license plate. I wanted to be enlightened more about the rumor that police/troopers are more lenient on people who have certain plates. I bought the 'Police Athletic League' plate. So what's the deal? Is anything true about the rumor that police are more apt to let you out of a ticket if you have a certain plate? Thanks! :thumbsup:

C5STATETROOPER 06-13-2006 09:07 PM

Nope - just a rumor . . . .

Although the PAL is a good cause, a driver's actions is what gets them in and out of a bind. ARRIVE ALIVE!

Shadow 06-13-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5STATETROOPER
Nope - just a rumor . . . .

Although the PAL is a good cause, a driver's actions is what gets them in and out of a bind. ARRIVE ALIVE!

:exactly:

Same as those FOP/PBA/Support your local police, state troopers and all that crap decals. I like the ones that have thier FOP/PBA "badge" bolted onto one of the screws that secure the tag. Excuse me sir. Aside from your apparent lack of driving skills,...you're tags obstructed too...sign here please:rofl1: .

Zach 06-14-2006 12:36 AM

Honestly I got it because the plate looks GREAT (especially on black cars), I doubted the rumor was true :dancer01: THANKS though!

MADN3SS 06-14-2006 02:16 AM

How about a get out of jail free card from Monopoly?:lmao:

C5STATETROOPER 06-14-2006 06:07 AM

The crap that they bolt all over their tags is illegal too - I am amazed when someone says that they were told that their donation would help them out since they are a "booster" member. Folks, our budgets are set by the Governor and money comes from sales tax - not booster memberships. Some people flame out when they get a ticket and they are a "Booster".

On a side note - please dont ever donate to a State Trooper organization that solicits on the phone. They are not Troopers calling you (even though they say they are) and only a tiny percentage actually goes to a Trooper's family that lost their loved one in the line of duty.

MADN3SS 06-14-2006 06:17 AM

Quote:

On a side note - please dont ever donate to a State Trooper organization that solicits on the phone. They are not Troopers calling you (even though they say they are) and only a tiny percentage actually goes to a Trooper's family that lost their loved one in the line of duty.

Thanks for the info Larry. My wife has actually donated before.

Shadow 06-14-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

The crap that they bolt all over their tags is illegal too - I am amazed when someone says that they were told that their donation would help them out since they are a "booster" member. Folks, our budgets are set by the Governor and money comes from sales tax - not booster memberships. Some people flame out when they get a ticket and they are a "Booster".

Those clowns call me about 3-4 times a year!!!:mad: Some hayseed good 'ole boy sounding guy (same one everytime or they're clones:rofl1: ) hits you with all the heartstring stuff about supporting the troopers and thier families yada yada yada....

He also "implies" that the decals you get (how many ya want son?) will provide some sense of security if you should get stopped:rofl1: .

I put an ad in the magazine one year for my private business and they haven't stopped since.....

Shadow 06-14-2006 08:01 AM

The crap that they bolt all over their tags is illegal too - I am amazed when someone says that they were told that their donation would help them out since they are a "booster" member

Larry, you'll like this one. THE Sheriff (this came straight outta da mans office via the major) sent us (the motor unit) out to an area in reference to citizen complaints of excessive speed in a neighborhood with an unobstructed through street.

We hadn't been there 15 minutes when I clock Billy Bob on RADAR at 56/25!:eek: in his mini pickup.:NoNo:

I stop him and immediately take note that his entire rear window is covered with Florida Sheriff's Assn. and Youth Ranch Assn. decals, the ones that look like our shoulder patches.

When I return to his truck with the citation, he asks whats that? I tell him, a citation. A what? A ticket;).

He goes nuts!!!
Tells me to look at his window, that he's been a supporter of "the sheriff" since 1970 something? (I believe it! He had every year on his window).

I respond that I had indeed noticed and, by the way, your rear view is obstructed, but I'm just gonna give you a warning for that:rofl1: :rofl1:

He said he was gonna call the Sheriff, that he knew him personally (*and yes, he did*), so I made sure he had the #.

Got a call about 20 minutes later to call the Sheriff (directly). When he asked what happened, I told him everything.
He asked if the guy dropped his name? I said yes. He got a little ticked with the guy about that! Say's thats what I expect you to do:thumbsup:

Last I heard of it.......

So ladies and gentlemen....keep buying those stickers......:rofl1:

Zach 06-14-2006 10:34 AM

Another question...as I previously told you guys I have the 'Police Athletic League' plate.

The way the plate is setup....

Florida

[icon] E495D2

Police
Athletic League

I have a license plate frame that covers 'Athletic League'....so right now it says 'Florida Police' :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Is this bad in any way?