The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   My Pharmacist (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52666)

Bob K 11-22-2010 07:55 PM

My Pharmacist

I talked to my Pharmacist a little over a week ago. Found out he’s from India and is working here on a ‘working visa’. I asked him what that was because I never heard of it. I thought you either had to have a ‘green card’ or be a citizen. He said instead of a ‘green card’ they would only give him a ‘working visa’ and it was only good for a year. He’s been here 10 years and has to re-apply every year. His entire family is in India. If there’s a family emergency he cannot go home cause he wouldn’t be able to get back into the country. Now comes the best part of the story.

He was educated here and paid triple tuition as a foreign student. He owns the pharmacy and is part owner of another one. He employs 20 Americans and he works 7 days a week. Our government, ya know the ones that will bend over backwards for the rights of illegals will not grant him a green card which is a requirement to become a citizen.

I was furious when he told me his story and I immediately contacted my congressman. My congressman immediately followed up with a letter and has offered to help. His name is Bill Posey, a Republican of course. When the dust settles I will post the results.

als2052 11-22-2010 08:49 PM

Can't blame the guy for chasing the american dream so many of us take for granted....

Bob K 11-22-2010 09:08 PM

Small business that employs 20 people. Thought that's what we needed. He should have come in here illegally and then they would leave him alone.

85vette 11-22-2010 11:33 PM

Good to see that bureaucracy is still alive and well. If we could get past the government, we could have a pretty good government....

Bob K 11-23-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85vette (Post 126401)
Good to see that bureaucracy is still alive and well. If we could get past the government, we could have a pretty good government....

I just noticed your sig. That's funny. Gotta be the best one I've seen. Mind if I copy it for another board. OK, thanks. :D

85vette 11-23-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 126402)
I just noticed your sig. That's funny. Gotta be the best one I've seen. Mind if I copy it for another board. OK, thanks. :D

Sure, go ahead. I actually found a pretty good illustration that goes with it...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...kes_normal.jpg

Bob K 11-24-2010 05:35 PM

Very appropriate photo 85. :thumbsup:

donzee 11-25-2010 10:08 AM

I read a story in the St Pete times recently about a biz in Oldsmar (i believe),high tech guy started a biz, employed a good number of people, and same deal, visa expired, shipping him back home.
If these folks are working, employing people and paying taxes, we need to figure out a way to keep them here, and send home the people abusing the system.

mickeystoysz16 11-25-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donzee (Post 126529)
If these folks are working, employing people and paying taxes, we need to figure out a way to keep them here, and send home the people abusing the system.

:iagree: the only problem is that when the government is involved it is guaranteed to be screwed up.

Rich Z 11-25-2010 10:53 AM

Well, you do have to consider that the US Constitution was created specifically to PROTECT us from our own government. If you assume our founding fathers knew what they were doing creating that document as the basis of our way of life, then you have to also assume they knew what they were trying to protect us from. It's really not their fault that WE allowed things to get so bad.