The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Verizon FIOS (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37806)

mickeystoysz16 11-03-2009 08:14 PM

Verizon FIOS

Why the F does a business think it is ok to ring my doorbell at 7:30 PM in the dark after buisness hours. Those two punks are luckey I didn't answer the door with a loaded shotgun. They scared the **** out of my wife showing up unexpected in the dark. Maybe buckshot in the a$$ and they would finally get the message that if I wanted their business I will call them. :banghead:

LS2POWA 11-03-2009 08:36 PM

Are you sure they were official Verizon ppl, I know a couple workers for the company...pretty sure they officially dont go knocking on peoples doors after dark.

Idk, Id take some special caution the next few days in your neighborhood. We just had a house broken into this morning..two doors down from my house and the family just moved in there like a month or two ago.

mickeystoysz16 11-03-2009 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When I answered the door they said "hi we are with verizon Fios" I did not let them continue before I ripped them a new one. They were dressed in red polos and black pants but had no ID when I asked. We just got home from a week vacation and maybe they did not work for Verizion and were casing the place. Either way I let them know in no uncertain words that they were not welcome in the neighborhood. I told them the neighborhood has a do not solicit sign posted and if they did not leave immediatly they were tresspassing even if they were not on my property. I called the sheriff they still didn't leave. Like I said, next time I answer the door with a weapon.

:reddevil::reddevil::reddevil:

LS2POWA 11-03-2009 10:03 PM

My neighbor has a sign on his front window by his door that reads, "Around here we dont call 911" With a picture of a big 357 sitting under those words.

I prolly would have messed with them if I saw no ID badge, ask them the nice technical stuff of what kind of up and down speeds they see on average in this neighborhood, or be an idiot and ask how this fiber optic is so much better etc etc.

Rich Z 11-04-2009 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm kind of partial to this one myself.....

floridaZ 11-06-2009 12:10 AM

I'd probably answer with a weapon anyway. Back when FiOs first came out I checked to see if we could get it where we live... and we could. As long as we payed to have the FiOs main line run from Polk City to 557 to Lake Alfred, or from Lake Alfred to I4. Needless to say we passed, but that doesn't stop them from sending us advertisements for it every 3 days.

vett boy 11-06-2009 10:07 AM

Oh hell ,just a couple young people trying to rip ya off :D At least they we're motivated which is exciting.