The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Stop the scammers,Please (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3016)

"Backyard Mechanic" 07-13-2007 05:56 PM

Stop the scammers,Please

Rich, please stop these stupid things,I don't remember these scams on here before.Is it the new system you are useing?:shrug01: Thanks from all of us:thumbsup:

ADulay 07-13-2007 07:17 PM

Gotta agree with ya.

I thought there was a regular sign up procedure to keep the jerks selling all that crap off of here.

Hopefully that latest spam message was a single event.

Easiest way to kill any message board is to let spam get a foothold.

AD

vett boy 07-13-2007 08:52 PM

Point me in the right direction i'll wack 'em.All I need is an address.

Rich Z 07-13-2007 10:15 PM

I can only do the best I can in dealing with spammers. I've been on the road all day today and am only now checking in from my laptop in the motel. Sorry, I just can't be here 24/7. But I delete them when found. Best thing to do is to use the REPORT A POST function and just not bother responding to the threads. I will get to it and delete the thread as soon as possible.

I get these on ALL my message board systems. Not to mention the 100s of spam emails every day. From the context and manner in which these posts and emails are being delivered, I am pretty sure this is electronic terrorism at work. The plan is to not only grind US internet based commerce to a halt via the spam itself, but make the spam blockers and other attempts to block the spam so onerous that it only promotes further the plan to make the internet useless to us.

Sorry, but there is NO easy answer to the problem. The more popular a site becomes, the bigger the target for spammers.....

If you want me to put some more people in place as "moderators" specifically to combat the spammers, let me know. I just need some volunteers who are on here most of the day and able to catch the spam quickly after it is posted...

chris308 07-13-2007 10:53 PM

if your lookin for recruits, keep me in mind. I'm online throughout the day everyday. I'd be glad to help if i can. :thumbsup:

vett boy 07-14-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris308
if your lookin for recruits, keep me in mind. I'm online throughout the day everyday. I'd be glad to help if i can. :thumbsup:

I'm sure Rich could use help and truth be known we'd all appreciate it.As Rich points out he can't control all things 24/7 as hard as he tries.
Our little private world has been molested.
Thanks rich and Chris plus others who are in a position to volunteer and help.;)

chris308 07-14-2007 07:19 AM

it's the least I could do :thumbsup:

ynkedad 07-14-2007 08:19 AM

Count me in...

If ya need me...I'm HERE!:thumbsup:

JCswm 07-14-2007 10:25 AM

The bad part as I understand it is once you block a spammer he Knows your a known good address & sells it to his buddies

vett boy 07-14-2007 10:40 AM

Maybe we could get in touch with Homeland security.