The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 Florida Caravan (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Caravan Conclusion! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35561)

Captain EZ 09-11-2009 04:12 PM

Caravan Conclusion!

Thanks to all of you who participated in the 2009 Caravan!

Although I was not able to do the entire trip, I have received many comments regarding the fun time that was had.

We are very grateful to Andy Pilgrim for the time he spent with us. As "monumental" as he is, he's just a regular guy!

If any of you have pictures from Tuesday's activities, I would appreciate seeing them. Millie and I were so busy that we didn't take any.

Thanks again!

Ernie

CK 6 09-11-2009 04:57 PM

Ernie,
I sent what follows as an e-mail to you, but I think you and Millie deserve wider publicity.

My wife and I want to express our thanks for all you and the rest of the Florida Co-Captains did to make our Caravan 09 trip special. One of the most impressive aspects was the excellent cooperation of all the law enforcement agencies. It was also great they decided to take a coffee break during the time we were on the highway. They would not have been able to handle it otherwise!!

The coordination and efforts of the Georgia Captains was impressive. Another set of kudos for all the work they did setting up the Road Atlanta experience and the Caravan launch on Thursday.

Again, thanks a million.

Keep the pointy end forward,

Rog

THOR 09-13-2009 12:04 PM

Sounds like everyone had fun including the LEOs. :thumbsup:

Rich Z 09-13-2009 12:54 PM

So when is the next one planned? We'll be retired by then and won't be hog tied to the business like we were for this one.

REALLY sorry we missed it....... :(

CK 6 09-13-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 97099)
So when is the next one planned? We'll be retired by then and won't be hog tied to the business like we were for this one.

REALLY sorry we missed it....... :(

This was our first Caravan so there is probably someone more qualified to answer, but I think they are every 5 years. That corresponds to the 5 year increments of the NCM anniversary. This time was the 15th anniversary. I am guessing the next Caravan will correspond to the 20th anniversary in 2014.

Anybody out there really know??

Pres712 09-13-2009 06:34 PM

Fun - Fun

Once again, Ernie, thanks from all of us at Bay Area C.C. that attended. Everything was as expected and more. Star especially enjoyed the extra parade laps that we received. Handling all those Corvettes was a real test but we all passed with flying colors. Except the jerk at the Pittsburg (Tenn) stop that got busted for a burn out!

Looking forward to the next one!!! :crazy03: