The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   A mild rant (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11428)

vett boy 01-08-2008 08:32 PM

A mild rant

First I like to state my wife and I have been together since the 1st grade (56yrs)And I still Love her.

Heres my mini rant:I bought her a Ford Escape limited which has all the frills including back up alarms.Last fall she called me at work,she had backed into an oak tree.She said she hit hard enough that the back up alarm didn't work anymore.:banghead:I didn't get mad I just coughed up $2800 for repairs and just smiled :)

Today I got a call she backed out of the garage ,only one problem the door wasn't open.Well it is now it's out on the lawn.:banghead:She said the back up alarm always goes off in the garage and she pushed the door opener.Just fine ,repairs will probably cost another three grand plus a grand for a door.:)

I don't get it she's a very good driver.I'm glad she has little intreast in driving the vett

Thanks for letting me vent

Rich Z 01-09-2008 01:39 AM

Ouch! Sounds to me like she's just a bit distracted when backing up. Was she dialing on the cell phone at the time? If so, the solution is to shoot the cell phone..... :hehehe:

Shadow 01-09-2008 05:59 AM

Quote:

I don't get it she's a very good driver.I'm glad she has little intreast in driving the vett
...going forward. Simple fix, remove reverse. You have to look where you're going when you're pushing:rofl1:

Quote:

Thanks for letting me vent
That's what it's all about:thumbsup:

And seriously, I'm sorry about the damage:( I think I'd have a talk with her about looking where she's backing before she runs over something ANIMATE:(

fletcher4u 01-09-2008 06:42 AM

The next car needs a back up camera:yesnod: she made you a good oppertunity to get an ensolated door ..... Say thank you dear.

vett boy 01-09-2008 07:19 AM

I think the problem is the back up alarms.She never hit anything till she had the alarms.

But then she's said how much she likes 'em.
God women are strange critters at times.

ynkedad 01-09-2008 07:54 AM

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:
I'm sorry, I just don't get it! That annoying BEEPING only sounds off if there's something behind you.:banghead:

"The back up alarm Always goes off in the garage"...:toetap05::banghead:
I'll bet it stops once the door is up and OUT OF THE WAY....Or in the lawn:hehehe:

I say trade her in for a non car wrecking model!!!:hehehe:

THOR 01-09-2008 10:48 AM

You gotta love the wife no matter what. Makes me crazy sometimes too. :crazy03::crazy03: In the grand scheme of things, They are the best present we could ever have. Sorry about the door.

vett boy 01-09-2008 01:32 PM

After seein' her over on the Roadhouse you wouldn't expect me fellas to trade her in.Hell I could end up with something that was butt ugly.

I'm not whipped I just figure what to hell ,let it go. (rant a little to my friends)

So far I figure the back up alarms should be listed as a $6000 option.

Oh and I forgot to mention her words when she called me "I THINK I broke the door" :banghead:no crap ,why else would it be on the lawn ?:banghead:

Rich Z 01-09-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vett boy (Post 47662)
After seein' her over on the Roadhouse you wouldn't expect me fellas to trade her in.Hell I could end up with something that was butt ugly.

Huh? I didn't notice anyone 60+ years old in the Roadhouse forum.... :thinkin:

"First I like to state my wife and I have been together since the 1st grade (56yrs)And I still Love her."

vett boy 01-09-2008 02:38 PM

She's been VERY well kept.