The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New State of Fla. Regulations re Cellphone Usage & other driving matters (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3252)

Electra 08-14-2007 02:17 PM

New State of Fla. Regulations re Cellphone Usage & other driving matters

It has been rumored that the following fines have been implemented effective Aug. 1, 2007, for the State of Florida: Does anyone have concurrence of this?

Subject: New State of Florida Regulations Regarding Cellphone Useage and
other driving matters

These are new fines that were implemented on 8/1/07 for the State of
Florida:
· As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while
driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy -
easy money for police department.
· Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as
of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
· Carpool lane - 1st time $1,
$68.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double, 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
· Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection - $485.
· Driving on the shoulder - $450.
· Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.
· Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
DUI (Driving under Influence = JAIL and stays on your driving record for 10 years!

Gregg Tool 08-14-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electra
It has been rumored that the following fines have been implemented effective Aug. 1, 2007, for the State of Florida: Does anyone have concurrence of this?

Subject: New State of Florida Regulations Regarding Cellphone Useage and
other driving matters

These are new fines that were implemented on 8/1/07 for the State of
Florida:
· As of 08/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while
driving. Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy -
easy money for police department.
· Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as
of 08/01/07. Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
· Carpool lane - 1st time $1,
$68.50 starting 8/1/07 (The $271 posted on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be double, 3rd time triple and 4th time license suspended.
· Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections. Block intersection - $485.
· Driving on the shoulder - $450.
· Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets.
· Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.
DUI (Driving under Influence = JAIL and stays on your driving record for 10 years!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/california.asp

Electra 08-14-2007 02:52 PM

Thanks, Gregg, for verifying that this is a falacy. Maybe all the items mentioned SHOULD be a law!

Gregg Tool 08-14-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Thanks, Gregg, for verifying that this is a falacy. Maybe all the items mentioned SHOULD be a law!

Definitely the part about cell phones.

Shadow 08-14-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregg Tool
Definitely the part about cell phones.

You ever notice how many police we have driving around town with cell phones stuck to thier ears? It ain't all bidniz;)

Gannet 08-14-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Maybe all the items mentioned SHOULD be a law!

Or not... :ack2:

ynkedad 08-14-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
You ever notice how many police we have driving around town with cell phones stuck to thier ears? It ain't all bidniz;)

:lmao: I saw one just the day before yesterday in fact!!!

Rich Z 08-14-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannet
Or not... :ack2:

Yeah, I didn't like the looks of that 3 mph over speeding thingie..... :NoNo:

gauSZ06 08-18-2007 12:47 AM

when I see someone blabbering on a cellphone, I treat them as if I saw them with a bottle of whiskey hanging from their mouth. :eek:

Hot BluZ 08-18-2007 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gauSZ06
when I see someone blabbering on a cellphone, I treat them as if I saw them with a bottle of whiskey hanging from their mouth. :eek:

Good analogy, a study on this placed cellphone users at about the same level as someone at a .08 bac in their driving ability. That was with or without a handsfree, there is basically no difference. There are more articles and studies on the issue. Here's a quote from an article regarding a study by Johns Hopkins University, click the link for the entire article.

Quote:

Take talking on a cell phone while driving a car, for example, and this is not part of an anti-cell phone crusade. New research shows, however, that the price we pay for trying to listen intensely comes at the expense of our ability to see clearly.

When we turn the "listening knobs" up, says psychologist Steve Yantis of Johns Hopkins University, we turn the "visual knobs" down.

It doesn't make any difference if the phone is hands-free. It's the listening that makes the difference, not the nature of the instrument.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Dye...=889064&page=1