The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   IM NEW (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15225)

99FRC 04-19-2008 02:34 PM

IM NEW

hey whats up guys i wanted to introduce myself. my name is robert, i am currently stationed at Eglin AFB, FL. i just picked up my black 99 FRC with 15,000 miles on it 3 weeks ago and already have an exhaust sitting in my room waiting to be put on. i hope to meet some cool people on here maybe some young ones lol considering i turn 21 next month. :yesnod:

9T8Vette 04-19-2008 03:06 PM

:welcome: to CorvetteFlorida.Com:wavey:

spiceman 04-19-2008 03:48 PM

Go boy Go............U sound like a young gunner for sure

FRC you say and a 99 at that.................well we wnat a see this beauty, and better yet.................NEW exhaust as well ? Kinda bet it's gonna be a bit more throaty than what was on it before. (just a wild guess on my part.
So, U a fly boy? What's your MOS?
Have a son in The Marines w/ the 1St Marine Air Wing , 36th MAG, that plays w/Super Cobra's over in Okinawa, Japan.
Gonna need Pic's....lot's n Lots of Pic's of that beauty.
Great group here of Florida Folk's. Anything ya need, we got it. Rich, and Shadow keep us goin in here with plenty of information and event's.
Welcome aboard.
Spice:wavey:

99FRC 04-19-2008 04:39 PM

[quote=spiceman;57398]FRC you say and a 99 at that.................well we wnat a see this beauty, and better yet.................NEW exhaust as well ? Kinda bet it's gonna be a bit more throaty than what was on it before. (just a wild guess on my part.
Have a son in The Marines w/ the 1St Marine Air Wing , 36th MAG, that plays w/Super Cobra's over in Okinawa, Japan.
Great group here of Florida Folk's. Anything ya need, we got it. Rich, and Shadow keep us goin in here with plenty of information and event's.
Welcome aboard.
Spice:wavey:[/QUOTE

yea i went with the B&B bullet dual tip hope it sounds good. ill post up pics tomorrow hopefully. my AFSC is 3M051 services...we run the gyms, hotels, and chow halls on base. we also do mortuary. one question ir ur car lowered? i wanna lower mine but i heard the front will barely even drop.

whtwlf 04-19-2008 04:49 PM

:welcome:aboard, enjoy!

Shadow 04-19-2008 05:11 PM

1st and foremost, :welcome:aboard corvetteflorida.com.

We're dedicated to keeping you informed and up to date on the latest and greatest happenings in Florida and helping you make those Florida contacts:thumbsup:

Next, thanks for your service my friend:icon_cheers::usa_flag:

Without the likes of your AFSC, the bases would be pretty miserable places to hang out! Been the recipient of your NAVY counterparts in the past and all I can say is:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The mortuary part is a downer but someone has to do it:(.

Finally, SLAM THAT SUCKER!!!!

Take a look around. I'll see if I can find some pic for you (links) of slammed 99's...awesome looking rides:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now jump in with both feet...the waters fine:dancer01::dancer01:

Rich Z 04-19-2008 07:25 PM

Welcome aboard! :welcome: Hope to see you around some of the gatherings here in north Florida. Supposed to be one in Pensacola sometime real soon (gosh, hope it wasn't TODAY!)...

Check the calendar for events taking place. :thumbsup:

99FRC 04-19-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 57402)
1st and foremost, :welcome:aboard corvetteflorida.com.

We're dedicated to keeping you informed and up to date on the latest and greatest happenings in Florida and helping you make those Florida contacts:thumbsup:

Next, thanks for your service my friend:icon_cheers::usa_flag:

Without the likes of your AFSC, the bases would be pretty miserable places to hang out! Been the recipient of your NAVY counterparts in the past and all I can say is:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The mortuary part is a downer but someone has to do it:(.

Finally, SLAM THAT SUCKER!!!!

Take a look around. I'll see if I can find some pic for you (links) of slammed 99's...awesome looking rides:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now jump in with both feet...the waters fine:dancer01::dancer01:

no prob just doing my job sir. you guys are friendly here:thumbsup:

99FRC 04-19-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 57413)
Welcome aboard! :welcome: Hope to see you around some of the gatherings here in north Florida. Supposed to be one in Pensacola sometime real soon (gosh, hope it wasn't TODAY!)...

Check the calendar for events taking place. :thumbsup:

ok will do:yesnod:

spiceman 04-19-2008 08:43 PM

B&B great choice, luv em......have thought many times

[quote=99FRC;57399]
Quote:

Originally Posted by spiceman (Post 57398)
FRC you say and a 99 at that.................well we wnat a see this beauty, and better yet.................NEW exhaust as well ? Kinda bet it's gonna be a bit more throaty than what was on it before. (just a wild guess on my part.
Welcome aboard.
Spice:wavey:[/QUOTE

yea i went with the B&B bullet dual tip hope it sounds good. ill post up pics tomorrow hopefully. my AFSC is 3M051 services...we run the gyms, hotels, and chow halls on base. we also do mortuary. one question ir ur car lowered? i wanna lower mine but i heard the front will barely even drop.

of changing mine over to B&B (presently Bassani) which are plenty loud especially around 2K RPM.................can't hear the wife giving me He....
LOL.
There are many web sites dealing w/ lowering your 99. Pretty easy to do, and not many tools needed.
Depending on how much you want to lower the car will determine if longer spring bolt's are needed.
Mine is lowered 2" inch in the rear and 1" inch in the front.
Front & Rear can be lowered about 3/4" with out changing the spring bolt's. Anything more will need #8 grade 8 bolt's.
Only went 1" in the front due to incline of my driveway to the garage., was dragging lower nose and valance. Not worth tearing the car up.
Whatever soft ride you may have w/ OEM height's and ride package will be comprimized once you lower the car. If that's not a concern and lowered for looks and cornering is what your after.............Lower that baby down.
Bolt packages are available from many aftermarket Vette supply houses.
Anywhere between $70.00 w/ poly bushing's or factory spec bushing's , washer's and bolt's for around $40.00. Bought mine from Eckler's.
Spice:thumbsup: