The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Windows 7 (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37601)

Rich Z 10-30-2009 03:56 PM

Windows 7

If any of you are considering upgrading your Vista system to Windows 7, DON'T do it! I'm hearing a lot of accounts of people trying to do that and getting into an infinite reboot loop that puts their PC down for the count.

Ms. AntiVenom 10-30-2009 04:12 PM

I think I might have accidentally reported your post to the mods!...lol

Im holding off on 7 for now. but Im really close to going back to mac or Linux!

Rich Z 10-30-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom (Post 100513)
I think I might have accidentally reported your post to the mods!...lol

Im holding off on 7 for now. but Im really close to going back to mac or Linux!

Ouch! Hope they don't ban me! :lmao:

Lou G 10-30-2009 06:19 PM

I just finished reading the current copy of PC World magazine where they had a pretty extensive article on Windows 7. I just don't see the advantage to upgrade.

Shadow 10-30-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 100524)
Ouch! Hope they don't ban me! :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::rofl1::rofl1:...be right back.....:toetap05:

Rich Z 10-30-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou G (Post 100526)
I just finished reading the current copy of PC World magazine where they had a pretty extensive article on Windows 7. I just don't see the advantage to upgrade.

Windows 7 is supposed to be a fix for Vista, which most people feel is too bloated, a resource hog, and generally unreliable. In my case, I would need to pay nearly $200 for this "fix". Yeah, what a racket! Create buggy software, twist people's arms so that they HAVE to use it, then charge them again to fix the bugs in the product you made them buy. Of course, the NEW product will without a doubt have it's own set of bugs, for which you will have the dining pleasure of paying for yet again.

I had thought I may be interested in Windows 7 if it would upgrade my system without a disk format and reinstall with no hitches, but it seems a lot like Russian roulette to try that route. Thanks, but NO thanks! I've got enough irons in the fire right now as it is.

Pres712 10-31-2009 09:03 AM

Mac vs. PC

I like that ad where the two guys are talking (Mac & PC) and PC keeps going back in time.....

"You need to upgrade to 7, no more problems, trust me."
"You need to upgrade to Vista, no more problems, trust me." etc....

Sad but true.. :banghead:

Rich Z 10-31-2009 10:32 AM

For all the money that Microsoft rakes in, you would think they could hire the best programmers on the planet, hands down. The only obvious conclusion to come to is that the crap they foist on us is no accident. As clear an example of the "king has no clothes" as I have ever seen in real life.

Z06 Rocket 10-31-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 100586)
For all the money that Microsoft rakes in, you would think they could hire the best programmers on the planet, hands down. The only obvious conclusion to come to is that the crap they foist on us is no accident. As clear an example of the "king has no clothes" as I have ever seen in real life.

Thats hitting the nail on the head. Bill Gates didn't get to be the worlds richest man for nothing .........

LS2POWA 10-31-2009 11:47 PM

Having them design a piece of software that will never need to be upgraded, would be like the big car companies designing a car that would never break. Both would be out of business tomorrow.