The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chat room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9081)

98 softtail 11-21-2007 11:05 PM

Chat room

I just clicked into the chat room and said "greetings", there was another member there but I got no reply, not a problem, I minimised the chat room, went back to the homepage and saw that there was only one member in the chat room, not me. I went back to the chat room and a screen came up for me to log in. I thought I was already there? apparently not.

I guess my rant here is that the chat room could be a nice place for many of us to visit while online but it just doesn't seem to work. Can we get a seperate window to monitor the chat room while we are logged into the chat room, and an invite to the chat room from one member to another?

I think that there is good support for this from the members.

Joe B.

JIM KILL 11-22-2007 06:43 AM

Confused

I used the chat room yesterday. You have to look also to see what forum the chatter is in. I noticed that the other person was in Tech Talk...so you have to click on that forum to get in with them. I had an easy conversation with this guy from Georgia for about a 1/2 hour and all worked fine. What would be nice instead of sending someone a "PM", if somehow you could click there name and they get a "Pop Up", like yahoo chat that you want to meet in the chat room. We tried a meeting at a certain times and that sort of worked for us. Rich asked me to do that announcement and I have failed to do a Chat meeting. The problem with a meeting is I never know what is a good time for everyone. The Pop up is the best way, but I don't think the site is capable of that and I takes alot of extra software on Rich's part. I still think we have the best Corvette Forum around, and it will continue to improve with Rich's guidance.
:D Jim :D

JIM KILL 11-22-2007 06:53 AM

I like making "Avatars" with Ms. AnteVenom.....See if you like this one....

C5Rick 11-22-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL (Post 41783)

You Better put "Deb's" on the yella one

98 softtail 11-23-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL (Post 41783)

COOL :thumbsup:

98 softtail 11-23-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL (Post 41782)
I used the chat room yesterday. You have to look also to see what forum the chatter is in. I noticed that the other person was in Tech Talk...so you have to click on that forum to get in with them. I had an easy conversation with this guy from Georgia for about a 1/2 hour and all worked fine. What would be nice instead of sending someone a "PM", if somehow you could click there name and they get a "Pop Up", like yahoo chat that you want to meet in the chat room. We tried a meeting at a certain times and that sort of worked for us. Rich asked me to do that announcement and I have failed to do a Chat meeting. The problem with a meeting is I never know what is a good time for everyone. The Pop up is the best way, but I don't think the site is capable of that and I takes alot of extra software on Rich's part. I still think we have the best Corvette Forum around, and it will continue to improve with Rich's guidance.

Yes a pop-up or an invite screen would be nice, also a way to miniize the chatroom so that you could get an alert or see when someone enters. That way a person could go on reading and replying to posts instead of sitting in the chat room waiting.

C5Rick 11-23-2007 07:03 PM

It appears speedforsport has been in the chat room for 2 or 3 solid days :eek:

He just left, no need to check up on him. I'm afraid to go into unfamilar places like that.