The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Got Rid Of the Corvette (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3046)

stormin9mm 07-17-2007 07:31 PM

Got Rid Of the Corvette

When I first joined this forum, I had just purchased an 1984 from my brother in law with stipulations that if it turned out to be a crappy car, I could get my money back. I was so thrilled to get my first Corvette, that I wasn't paying attention to detail. Well since the beginning of June all went well until mechanical things went south. Got fed up and took it back. The biggest thing that I was lost on was the horsepower rating-205.. Anyway, as soon as I sell my house, I am going to get a 2008 and can hold my head up proud as a Corvette owner again. Now I just have to settle on driving my 1994 Cavalier. Has anyone looked at the 2008's at Dimmitt? I think he has two or three. They have a 1LT in Machine Silver that is listed and would fit my taste very well. Nothing fancy, but will get up and satisfy.

vett boy 07-17-2007 09:41 PM

Sorry your temp.without.I'm getting ready for an 08 ,I think it's going to be a great year.

98 softtail 07-17-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormin9mm
When I first joined this forum, I had just purchased an 1984 from my brother in law with stipulations that if it turned out to be a crappy car, I could get my money back. I was so thrilled to get my first Corvette, that I wasn't paying attention to detail. Well since the beginning of June all went well until mechanical things went south. Got fed up and took it back. The biggest thing that I was lost on was the horsepower rating-205.. Anyway, as soon as I sell my house, I am going to get a 2008 and can hold my head up proud as a Corvette owner again. Now I just have to settle on driving my 1994 Cavalier. Has anyone looked at the 2008's at Dimmitt? I think he has two or three. They have a 1LT in Machine Silver that is listed and would fit my taste very well. Nothing fancy, but will get up and satisfy.

If you want to buy a "new" Corvette, that is great, but, why not look at an
'05 or '06, or even a C5. These cars will give you a great ride, plenty of HP, and you won't feel like you killed your bank account. Just my thoughts.

Joe B.

THOR 07-17-2007 10:07 PM

I'd wait until the C7 comes out on 2010 or so. Then you might get a car with 600+ hp! Just kidding. Heck Joe B. is right. Get one that won't kill your budget and enjoy the RIDE. OF course if you can afford an 08, go for it. Mark

Rich Z 07-17-2007 11:54 PM

With 430 hp in the LS3, I think the 2008s are going to be selling like hotcakes. Kind of wish I had held off for a year. Not the I'm complaining, but heck, 30 horsepower is 30 horsepower......

REALLY curious to see what the LS8 will hold in store for us...... :hehehe:

Anyway, sorry to hear that your are temporarily vette-less for a while.

ZO6 Fan 07-20-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mte.smiles
I'd wait until the C7 comes out on 2010 or so. Then you might get a car with 600+ hp! Just kidding. Heck Joe B. is right. Get one that won't kill your budget and enjoy the RIDE. OF course if you can afford an 08, go for it. Mark

Better yet wait till 2020 and you'll be able to purchase a C14 with a 1,000 Hp!! :crazy03: :lmao: