The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Actual belt measurements...... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6017)

Kap142 10-08-2007 04:34 PM

Actual belt measurements......

I'm down to the last detail or two of a P/S install on my 72 BB.:thumbsup: Have checked with 3 of the local parts houses including NAPA and none of them even list the belts I need. :shrug01: To further clarify, 72 BB, P/B, A/C, P/S. The P/S is the original set up as available in 72 from the factory.

I tried to measure the newly needed belts with no success and I really don't feel like making 3 more guessing game trips with string in hand trying to guess the right sizes. :nonod::nonod:

I need a P/S to generator belt size (width and length if poss.) and a fan/crank/P/S belt (ditto above). Even cross reference-able numbers might help.:confused:

Hep me Hep me:ack2::shrug01::ack2:

Ken:)

Gannet 10-08-2007 05:59 PM

You mean like this?

Kap142 10-08-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannet (Post 35851)
You mean like this?

Yea, kinda. I could care care less about paying $42 for an $8 belt that is available locally just so that it's "correct" but thanks I appreciate any help offered.

Junkie do you have such info available?

Ken

98 softtail 10-08-2007 07:17 PM

Ken, Why can't you get the correct belt? Doesn't any of the local parts shops carry them? Is it a length , or width, or both? Give me your specs and I can check down here for ya.

Joe B.

"Backyard Mechanic" 10-08-2007 07:37 PM

I'm guessing the company you bought the unit from did'nt send you your belt's?Do they even carry them?I know Corvette Central has them,but not sure if they have what you need.Worth a shot.Just a idea for a temp. fix,Can try another vechile belt if it stay's on then atleast you can look for leaks until you get the right belts?You can always take the new belts back to the store when your done testing the system.Just don't damage the box they came in.I'll keep looking for you:thumbsup:

Kap142 10-08-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 35863)
I'm guessing the company you bought the unit from did'nt send you your belt's?Do they even carry them?I know Corvette Central has them,but not sure if they have what you need.Worth a shot.Just a idea for a temp. fix,Can try another vechile belt if it stay's on then atleast you can look for leaks until you get the right belts?You can always take the new belts back to the store when your done testing the system.Just don't damage the box they came in.I'll keep looking for you:thumbsup:

Hey Rob, the problem I run into is that vitually no one I've (reasonably) found yet even lists a fan to crank to P/S belt which is exactly what the AM shows and is correct for the configuration I now have. Now maybe they just calling it a fan to P/S belt of some such shortening of the term, I have no clue. The second belt simply runs from the P/S pump to the gernerator (alt.)

I have done the measure with a sting thing and will take them back tomorrow and try slighly larger ones but my god man!

And as an after answer no Parigon did not include the belts, that would have been wayyyyyyyyyy toooooooooo intelligent and easy but then again so would have instructions have been.

If you look for belts identified as I have as to where they go and find them at less then the $40+ they ask for each let me know, please.

Kap142 10-08-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98 softtail (Post 35861)
Ken, Why can't you get the correct belt? Doesn't any of the local parts shops carry them? Is it a length , or width, or both? Give me your specs and I can check down here for ya.

Joe B.

Hey bro. I am doing the measure by string method but have under sized the first two brought home by a bit. I'll try again tomorrow. Oh well, in time I resolved the early brake issues this too shall fall as completed with positive results.:thumbsup:

Rich427 10-08-2007 09:54 PM

Hey Ken,

If you want correct belts for your '72 this is who I would go to.

http://www.quantaproducts.com/home.asp

Every part that I have ever gotten from them for my '69 has been spot on. They are not local, they are in Rising Sun, Maryland but give them a call and I would be willing to bet that you get what you need in a couple days from them. In addition, there belts are actual reproductions of the originals, if that is of interest to you.

Let me know how you make out.

Rich

Kap142 10-08-2007 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 35882)
Hey Ken,

If you want correct belts for your '72 this is who I would go to.

http://www.quantaproducts.com/home.asp

Every part that I have ever gotten from them for my '69 has been spot on. They are not local, they are in Rising Sun, Maryland but give them a call and I would be willing to bet that you get what you need in a couple days from them. In addition, there belts are actual reproductions of the originals, if that is of interest to you.

Let me know how you make out.

Rich

Thanks Rich, they'll get a call tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it unfolds.

Ken

72ragtop 10-08-2007 10:31 PM

ken, agree with Rich427. quanta is where i got my belts from. I'll get u some measurements tonights