The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Had a close one yesterday! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3021)

85vette 07-14-2007 12:26 PM

Had a close one yesterday!

I was headed to Tallahassee yesterday evening, around 7:30 I'm going past the Wal-Mart in Crawfordville, when I see an older, 80's model brown Dodge extended cab truck coming out of the parking lot exit, and he's not even looking my way!! I pulled into the other lane to avoid the collision ( I'm driving my C2500 Turbo Diesel, NOT the Vette!). I thought, this guy doesn't even know I'm here! He misses me and I get back in my lane, as traffic is coming from the other lane. The guy comes out and then passes me on the right side of the road (in the grass) and looks at me like I'm crazy, then pulls into the other lane, running cars off the road. I get close enough to read his tag and call the office on my cell. He pulls into a yard, I thought, OK, he's stopped. I give the S.O. the address and then he comes out and does a U turn in the road behind me and turns on Whiddon Lake Road! When I gave the office the tag number, the dispatcher asked if this was on a brown Dodge truck? I say yes, how do you know? She says, someone already called it in, he hit several cars in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I said, let me turn around on him. By the time I got turned around, he's out of site. We had two Deputies and a Trooper looking for this guy but we haven't seen him again! If I had been in the Vette, I'd have caught him....:yesnod:

And wouldn't you know, the tag does not come back to a Dodge truck!

ynkedad 07-14-2007 01:09 PM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: That Sucks!!! Well, unless it belongs to another car he owns. Hopefully, after the Leo's ran the plate, they went to the address the plate DOES come back to, To see if the brown truck is in the driveway or yard!:shrug01:
Nice try though:thumbsup: .

Shadow 07-14-2007 03:57 PM

At least you tried:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Qman 07-14-2007 08:19 PM

crazy

Man im glad your ok, be carefull chasing one of these people. Can be deadly.:D

Rich Z 07-15-2007 08:03 PM

WOW! I live on Whiddon Lake Road!!!! Only three ways out of here once you turn onto that road off of 319. One of the three ways is a loop around back out to 319 a little further north, and the other two put you out into the national forest.

Too bad that sucker didn't get nailed down. Hate to think he is still running around out there somewhere.

2Vettes 07-15-2007 10:06 PM

Wow, glad you're ok. Hopefully they find him before he does more damage :yesnod:

THOR 07-17-2007 11:48 AM

His day is coming. thanks for being a good citizen and doing the right thing. :thumbsup:

85vette 07-17-2007 10:24 PM

Thanks for all the kind replies. I work for the Sheriff's Office here in Wakulla. What ticks me off is that I couldn't get turned around fast enough and he got away from me. I was off duty that day, but had I been in my Vette, instead of my truck, I know I would have caught up with him. Then again, had I been in the Vette, I might have been hit by the idiot! Oh well, another time, another place. I got a good look at the guy. If I see him again, we'll talk.

Rich Z 07-17-2007 11:44 PM

Have you seen a rather LOUD blue Z06 in your travels in Wakulla County? :hehehe:

85vette 07-18-2007 11:39 PM

No, but I've been looking. Actually I'm not on the road that much lately, but if I see you, I'll gladly introduce myself.:yesnod: