The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Not In Florida Yet, But........... (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259)

ChuckG 06-03-2006 11:07 AM

Not In Florida Yet, But...........

Hello All. My Maryland friend, Rich427 sent me this link. I live in the Baltimore, Maryland area. Rich is my long time friend and neighbor. We live in the same suburb of Baltimore, Fallston, MD.

My wife and I are retiring in 3 years. We just bought a one acre building lot in Pine Ridge, Florida, up near Crystal River. Just settled on the lot last week.

We'll start building in about 18 months. We understand it'll take about 12 to 18 months to build a house, SO, we'll be moving in about April/May of 2009, maybe sooner if the stock market treats me well. :)

Decided to "join" your forum to familiarize myself with Florida activities. Chuck

Zach 06-03-2006 11:07 AM

:welcome:

Formula Outlaw 06-03-2006 11:59 AM

Welcome and come on down.....:thumbsup:

Rich Z 06-03-2006 12:35 PM

:welcome: Another one from Fallston! I used to live up there when I was in my early 20s.

You'll like the Crystal River area. Real nice place. If you like steamed blue crabs, check out Charlies Restaurant in Homossassa (sp?) Springs.

2Vettes 06-03-2006 01:20 PM

Hi Chuck and :welcome: . We live near Gateway and hope to meet Rich427 and his wife when they come down this summer.
Tell us about your vette!

MADN3SS 06-03-2006 02:44 PM

Welcome to the site!

Crystal River is a great place. Went up there for a Vette show in March. Great turnout. They do a couple of shows a year at Crystal Chevy.

Scott

pewter99 06-03-2006 04:13 PM

:wavey:

ChuckG 06-03-2006 04:37 PM

Thank for the welcome. I'm still "learning my way" around Florida in general, and Citrus County in particular.

I currently have 3 Corvettes. Recently sold my MY 2000 Convertible.

I'll see if my signature posts. It has my cars listed. Chuck

ChuckG 06-03-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
:welcome: Another one from Fallston! I used to live up there when I was in my early 20s.

You'll like the Crystal River area. Real nice place. If you like steamed blue crabs, check out Charlies Restaurant in Homossassa (sp?) Springs.

I moved to Fallston in 1974. I work in Bel Air.

I already have several "buds" who have moved to Florida, 2 to the Citrus County area, one to the Sarasota area, and Rich427 soon to Fort Myers.

My inlaws live half the year in Fort Myers, and the other half in Williamsburg, Virginia. Chuck

SebringBill 06-03-2006 04:45 PM

Hi Chuck,

Don't believe what everybody (who doesn't live here) says about the heat...it's not dry! :lmao:

Actually here in Sarasota it's never hit 100F. (That's the temp - not the humidity!) Been here 28 years and don't wanna move. In CA you get maybe a 10 sec warning for an earthquake; in the midwest it's maybe a 10 min warning for a tornado; here at least it's maybe a 10 day warning for a hurricane. I can live with that!