The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New to Corvette & New to Forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31418)

Wilzer 05-29-2009 02:25 PM

New to Corvette & New to Forum

Recently acquired a new (to me) 2005 silver coupe with clear top. Was formerly a lease so no mods (yet) but OEM tires have been replaced with Nitto Invos so can't compare to runflats, maybe I'll ride with one of my neighbors to experience runflats. Going to add insulation kit and that's about it for now. I'm not fussy about the car, it is a car, so I use Meguiares detailing fluid between washes and ice on wheels.

Previously had 280 2+2 Zs for ~20 years, went through an Explorer SUV period and now I'm back. The Nissans will always have a place in my soul but the Vette will move to first. Looked at 350Z but being 6'4" the Vette ran away with my heart.

Other interest are spearfishing and bicycling & still have an Explorer SUV for that.

I've been practicing my wave :wavey:but is there a video so I can be sure I have it right. 280 Z people would wave but Explorer folks don't wave and neither do Volvo folks (which is one of our other cars)

So if you should see or pass (from the other direction) a silver C6 wave:wavey:

Will

Rich Z 05-29-2009 02:57 PM

Welcome aboard, Will. Glad to have you here. I think you'll get a fair share of waves. Most Corvette folks do, but there are some out there clueless about being members in an informal club. Hopefully after enough waves, they'll figure out what is going on.....

:welcome:

Mannings 05-29-2009 05:48 PM

Glad your here WILZER :dancer01:

1Bad'66 05-29-2009 06:22 PM

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. Post up some pics of your 'vette when you can.

2Vettes 05-29-2009 10:37 PM

Welcome to the site. You'll get a wave if you're down this way. Hope to see some pics of that new vette soon!

Shadow 05-30-2009 12:14 AM

:wavey:There ya go. Lets start it off right!:D:thumbsup:

:welcome:to the site.

I sold my vette not too long ago and still find myself trying to waive froim my Scion, the Landcruiser or the wifes Volvo:rofl1:

You're right, Volvo peeps don't waive:lmao:

Enjoy the ride and get some pics up when you can.

Glad to have you with us:thumbsup:

floridaZ 05-30-2009 02:14 AM

:welcome:

Welcome to the site man. I'm in St Pete pretty often, good area (unless your lost). Do be sure to post some pics of the Vette.

And in 20 years of driving, I'm sure you have a few pics of those 280s...

Rich427 05-30-2009 07:49 AM

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

als2052 05-30-2009 07:41 PM

Welcome aboard and great choice on the Silver 2005 Cpe (See my Avatar)